Respected Contributor

Re: Who else has a White Christmas?

Here in S. E. Louisiana . . . . .  It's Merry and Bright

But it sure isn't White!

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Most definitely a white, cold Christmas morning in southwest Michigan. It's perfect!

@FrostyBabe1

We're every one of those songs with "white Christmas" in it. Wow, it's really coming down now! We must have 5" if not more. Right?

Mmmm, maybe 3-4 inches at my house. I honestly don't pay that much attention unless it looks to be too deep to get my car through it, and we're a long way from that. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Here in MA, it's snowing now.  It's actually quite beautiful to look at from the warmth of my home.  It's been snowing ligtly all day but the snow is light and fluffy.  It's accumulating but this is MA and it's winter.  Authorities are just asking people to delay heading out to give road crews a chance to clear the roads.  I'm glad we celebrated a big Christmas Eve last night (which we always do), it was the first Christmas for both our grandbabies and my bff was here and she was her old fun, happy self.  She'd been sad and depressed after losing two friends but her grief is lifting.  In the past I have done very formal Chistmas Eve dinners but life seems to be taking us on another path now.  Our lives are rather casual and relaxed now and that's how we entertain.  So, it was a Christmas Eve party.  Weather update....the snow stopped and the sun just burst out.

Trusted Contributor

West Michigan here. We already had about 5” on the ground; got about 2” overnight and it’s coming down like crazy right now. We had our family celebration yesterday so DH and I are snuggled in for the day. Wishing you and your loved ones Christmas blessings and love.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shorty2U  It's very, very rare for us to have a white Christmas, and, frankly not too much snow through out the winter ~~ however, it started snowing last night and was still snowing this morning. We are all so excited !!

falling snow.gif

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

Late yesterday afternnon Seattle got a blanket of white. It was snowing when I got up this morning, and the trees are just laden with snow...no green at all. It's been a long time since we had a white Christmas here. Quite lovely, as long as you aren't driving or stumbling around in it.

Frequent Contributor

We certainly do.  We had 27 inches overnight and not done yet.  50 mph winds and windchill temps -34 to -40

Bah Humbug!

Honored Contributor

Central Wisconsin is cold with blowing snow.  High tomorrow will be two below with dangerous wind chills.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Central Wisconsin is cold with blowing snow.  High tomorrow will be two below with dangerous wind chills.

@AuntG  My goodness!  Take care in that cold!

Respected Contributor

SE PA, Philly area and we had a light dusting this morning.  Just enough that our brown deck looks white.