Honored Contributor
I have a 2003 Saturn Vue that I bought brand new. Has 50,500 miles on it and always starts.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor
2012 BMW M3 hardtop convertible
Honored Contributor
I prefer a newer car.
Honored Contributor
On 1/29/2015 Marienkaefer2 said:

When I think of old, I think of a car at least 20 years old.

I don't know anyone who drives one, but yesterday in the school parking lot, I saw a white Honda Civic, identical to the one that I bought in the early 1990s. It was in great shape, still looks good (not "old") and I'm sure it runs great.

This is the age of the car I was thinking of when I first responded. We did buy a car this old when our kids were teens. It was a Toyota Corolla with very low mileage. Yes...it was intended to be the teenager car, but I drove it often myself, and was very satisfied with it.

After the kids moved on, I sold it to another local parent of teens...and continued to see it around town for several more years.

Frequent Contributor
We still have our 1999 Suburban. Lots & lots of memories! The transmission went out at 130k. Got her out of the shop... poor girl needs to be donated but my husband fixed her for me because at one point in discussing her fate I said I wasn't ready to let go. He bought me a new car but the burb never once let us down in all those years... except when the transmission went out on my way home from work and even then she refused to leave me stranded.

We climbed in her recently for a bit of a reunion and our now grown kids got the biggest kick out of it. Except that our over 6' tall boys no longer fit in the 3rd row Smiley Happy

My parents & grandparents all drove their vehicles til they died. And then they fixed them.
Super Contributor

I don't know anyone who drives one, but yesterday in the school parking lot, I saw a white Honda Civic, identical to the one that I bought in the early 1990s. It was in great shape, still looks good (not "old") and I'm sure it runs great.

I think old as in 10+ or over 100K miles.

Honored Contributor

I have a car that's now almost 10 years old, and has 68,000 miles. It was our "third" car...thus the mileage stayed low. A few times over the last few years, people have asked if it was a new car.

The way you care for a car means so much. This car is not "old", and I'm thinking of selling it soon, since the value is still so high.

Valued Contributor

I have a 1991 Honda. It has 107,000 miles. My son was born the same year. Love my car. I am probably about the only one at work that walks out at the end of the day and uses a key to open my car. LOL

Honored Contributor

We've always driven our cars into the ground. My Toyota Camry was close to 20 years old and had over 200k miles on it. The Toyota Corona station wagon was bought when I was two weeks overdue delivering my firstborn. He drove that car all through high school and then his younger brother did. Like Quacker mentioned cars are not where I like to invest my money.

Honored Contributor
On 1/29/2015 Qwackertoo said:

I think old as in 10+ or over 100K miles.

my husbands car is 29 years old. It has side window vents! and you can roll the windows down with a crank handle, LOL!