Honored Contributor

Re: Who do you think is right? (Bridesmaid fired story)

That’s the only thing I got from the ‘drama’.

JetBlue refunded.  Warm fuzzy JetBlue feelings.

I still have a feeling this was a fictional story the

JetBlue Marketing Team fabricated to get their name out.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

No, Jet Blue didn't need to do anything, but since their name was brought into the story, it was good PR.

And stuff like this hurts ALL consumers who play fair.  It's sad companies are bullied into making exceptions like this.

Honored Contributor

In general, sometimes it's like taking a small break, hearing and commenting on 'this and that' gossip/news.  Something to talk about that isn't blood-pressure-raising.  Nothing too serious.  Just plain 'small talk' is a brief deflection, pause, etc. away from more serious subjects. 

I'm perfectly fine reading this type of thread.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

What I really  want to see is a picture of the "jumpsuit"!!!!

Honored Contributor

Years ago most women married in their early 20s with few going away to college to earn a degree. They remained in their communities as did their friends so weddings were local with only a few relatives having to travel any distance.

Now friends met in university accept jobs all over the country so that friends, relatives, and bridesmaids have to travel distances to attend weddings. Since the bridesmaids will incur the expense of travel it seems considerate to make it a long weekend of activities rather than just a two day event.

Respected Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

No, Jet Blue didn't need to do anything, but since their name was brought into the story, it was good PR.

But was it?  Now people think having a spat with friends/relatives that ends up with canceling a trip justifies demanding a refund - and another free trip to boot.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I don't think there is a right or wrong. I think it's all a boatload... And yet another example of how truly ridiculous weddings have become... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Duck wrote:

What I really  want to see is a picture of the "jumpsuit"!!!!

@Lucky Duck

Great point, LOL  .... while many bridesmaids may have worn jumpsuits down the aisle, I've never seen any!

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Years ago most women married in their early 20s with few going away to college to earn a degree. They remained in their communities as did their friends so weddings were local with only a few relatives having to travel any distance.

Now friends met in university accept jobs all over the country so that friends, relatives, and bridesmaids have to travel distances to attend weddings. Since the bridesmaids will incur the expense of travel it seems considerate to make it a long weekend of activities rather than just a two day event.

@occasionalrain

What????    How many years ago was that ... maybe a hundred years?

Respected Contributor

Jumpsuits at a wedding. . .I'm so out of touch!