Super Contributor

Re: Who do you enjoy watching/listening to on YouTube?

Rarely check YouTube,but quite by accident I happened on flash mob marriage proposals last nite. Really entertaining and fun to watch.

Honored Contributor

Just yesterday I decided to see if there was a youtube of my favorite disco song "Funky Town" Lipps Inc. back in 1979.  Oh my did that take me back and did we really dance like that?  It was fun to watch.  I pulled up some old All My Children episodes and watched a couple when Tad, Jenny, Greg, Angie and Jessie were all teenagers.  That was really a blast from the past.  The oldest youtube I watched was the wedding of Princess Mary 1922 to the Earl of Harwood.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

One day by mistake I hit the little video icon on my Iphone and a bunch of You Tube videos popped up.  The first 5 or 6 were of a comedian Gabriel Iglesias.  I'd never heard of him but they were funny.  I check back every so many months to see if he has any new material.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch YouTube very often with the exception of Real Time with Bill Maher and any performances of Queen/Adam Lambert on tour.

Occasional Contributor

"Safari Live".  It's a real time live safari twice a day for 3 hrs.  It's from South Africa's Kruger National Park in Djuma.  Each show is recorded so you can watch the recorded show later also.  If you have always wanted to go on a safari this is the closest thing without the cost of going to SA.  You see all animals except for rhino, they do not show them due to poachers.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Yes!  I can spend hours on Youtube.  Enjoy watching home/family channels, luxury shopping channels, TED talks, old movies, and channels having to do with oppressed women around the world.  Quite a variety there!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I highly recommend the bon Appetit videos featuring Claire Saffitz trying to recreate gourmet junk food. She's fabulous. Her range of emotions over the course of the process is quite hilarious. Her interactions with the other staffers is very entertaining also. They've become my go to videos when I've got some time to kill. She'll typically start out very confident in her prospects. Then a day or two of testing with failure after failure will beat her down. Then a fresh round of ideas and more failures, but then finally some success, then more refining, her confidence rebounds, finally success (in some form) and she then gives us a nearly impossible recipe and on to the next challenge. (She made ramen noodles the other days and her chicken flavor packet she estimated would retail for $50, so the recipes aren't always practical, but they're fun to watch.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Old British Spy movies 

Bette Davis movies

Train travel around the world

Tours all over the world

Street food markets again around the world

Beauty and hair care

Sikh weddings (my latest)

Old Judge Judy episodes

Traditional cooking shows from China and Korea

Old What's My Line episodes.

Motown, Jazz and other music

Old TV shows from the past 50 years.

Documentaries concerning history and culture

ETC..........

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Several.  

Bishop Robert Baron's videos. Institute of Catholic Culture webinars; Jordan Peterson.  

Some cooking videos, some knitting and crochet videos.

I'm always looking for some song lyrics ... and end up on YouTube.

Frequently checking for some sewing / clothing hacks.

How-to videos are often helpful.

Trusted Contributor

Some of your responses sound so interesting!  Sikh weddings, whew knew.. Going to check some of these out, thank you.