Honored Contributor

Re: 👀 Who didn't see this coming? 👀

@this is my nic wrote:

Is this the same man by the name Bobbitt whose former wife performed "surgery" on him?  

No.  They just did a 25 year update on both of them.  He is not homeless.  She is doing great and has a son and still lives in the same town.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

The whole story is suspicious from the beginning.  This couple is at a gas station because they ran out of gas and ran out of money.  They don't appear to be destitute so why not be prepared if you are out driving and suddenly find yourselves with no money and no gas.  And no credit card between the two of them?   Then, they just happen to see this homeless guy at the gas station, they tell him they are stuck, and the homeless guy says "here - take my last 20 dollar bill" ?  And the couple accepts the cash ?   And then the go fun me page ???  Sounds like a scam from the very start.

@PhilaLady1  This actually makes the most sense.

That's not how it happened.  The idiot woman was out driving, ran out of gas got stranded in a bad part of town. The 'good samaritan' man told her to stay in her car (can't remember why she didn't have a phone, phone was dead, something like that who, amongst us don't have a cell phone nowdays) anyway he put gas in her car and got her on her way.

She remembered him and went back to that area with others to thank him and then started this go fund me 'stuff' then, I guess it all went sideways and now we got this mess.

That's how I understand it from GMA news

@SharkE  I agree the details are skewered here in that she wasn't at the gas station.  But it really doesn't matter if she was there or not.  The fact remains she had no money, no credit card, and her phone was dead. 

However, Damico, her partner, said he'd rather burn the money than hand it over because the homeless man was a drug addict.

So that raises another red flag-a drug addict isn't going to just hand over his last $20 and end up without his "fix" for the night.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac I didn’t see it coming. I imagine all the news outlets that carried the story didn’t see it coming. All the people here who praised and hearted all the posts here didn’t see it coming. Did you honestly see it coming?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Sounds dumb as box of rocks to me

Who leaves home without  all that

bevis1_e0.gif

Trusted Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@this is my nic wrote:

Is this the same man by the name Bobbitt whose former wife performed "surgery" on him?  

I was just going to ask if he had had a wife named Lorena.

lol! I was just wondering the same thing.

Trusted Contributor

This is NOT the first time this has happened, I remember the story of a black boy who was cutting lawns and a white lady set up a GO FUND for him.  Then later, their was a lawsuit as she wanted to "control" how and "when" he got the funds for college.  This has happened many many times.

I don't know whatever happened in the case I mentioned above, but I am ALWAYS suspect of any go fund especially when it is not set up by the family but outsiders.

You can't TRUST ANYONE, especialy when it comes to MONEY!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I didn’t see it coming. I imagine all the news outlets that carried the story didn’t see it coming. All the people here who praised and hearted all the posts here didn’t see it coming. Did you honestly see it coming?

@esmerelda

Yes I did.  When this story first broke I posted about my suspicions in a post titled "tri state area folks I 95" as that is where the "incident" allegedly happened.  If you know anything about I-95 in Pa. you know exactly what I am talking about.

I did a forum search & cannot locate my post.  Must have went poof.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

We have conntributed many times to GoFundMe and it worked the way it should. Hope this does not destroy this program.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

I didn’t see it coming. I imagine all the news outlets that carried the story didn’t see it coming. All the people here who praised and hearted all the posts here didn’t see it coming. Did you honestly see it coming?

@esmerelda

Yes I did.  When this story first broke I posted about my suspicions in a post titled "tri state area folks I 95" as that is where the "incident" allegedly happened.  If you know anything about I-95 in Pa. you know exactly what I am talking about.

I did a forum search & cannot locate my post.  Must have went poof.gif

@Mz iMac . I drive down 95 through Philly often enough.  I'm coming from the north and most of the highway starting in northeast Philly down way past the stadiums is elevated....except around Penn's Landing.  I have NEVER EVER seen anyone walking along the road.  It's too dangerous!

Do you know what part of 95 where this was supposed to have happened?

Honored Contributor

@haddon9

That is exactly what I & many posters pointed out in my previous posting.  From what I remember, the EXACT location of I-95 was never pointed out other than Philly.

Anywho, there are no "low" ramps, cement or grassy areas, under and/or around 95 where homeless folks can camp out.  Let alone for a "human" to go walking around if stranded.  All of 95 ramps are very high up.

Let's not forget.......

What female in her right mind is going to leave N.J. in the middle of the night to drive to Philly all alone, low on gas, no money, no credit/debit card, no cell phone, get out of car, windows down, car unlocked & start walking on an 4-6 lane each way "interstate highway".  I am not going to get into the fact that there is no place to "walk" on 95.  Not even the portion that stretches into South Jersey.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif