Respected Contributor

Re: 👀 Who didn't see this coming? 👀

Oh, ok!  Thanks! 

Respected Contributor

Looks like McClure will have to sell her new BMW; I have no doubt that it was purchased w/go fund me $$$$.

Respected Contributor

All the go fund me stuff is getting really old.  Rarely does it go where it's supposed to or it's all a lie in the first place.

Yesterday a child was on or close to a parade float and ended up getting run over and died.  Very, very sad.  Within a few minutes a go fund me page was set up.  By whom?  Does the family even know about it?  

The only money we ever donated to a fund like this was the one JJ Watt set up because I knew the money would go exactly where it should and it has.  

Esteemed Contributor

The GoFundMe contributions I have made have gone to a good cause, to people who really needed it.  So in my book GoFundMe is a great way to help people. 

Esteemed Contributor

An absolute disgrace!!!!  Of course, as soon as the man said he never received the money, you knew those people spent it.

Those people should be charged with fraud!!!  They never intended to give him the money.  They should have to repay every single penny that was donated!!!!

Honored Contributor

The IRS certainly is watching them.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

In one form or another, I hope that the couple who started the Go Fund, are made to pay and pay and pay for their greed.  I am glad the homeless man figured it out and contacted the authorities, good for him.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The whole story is suspicious from the beginning.  This couple is at a gas station because they ran out of gas and ran out of money.  They don't appear to be destitute so why not be prepared if you are out driving and suddenly find yourselves with no money and no gas.  And no credit card between the two of them?   Then, they just happen to see this homeless guy at the gas station, they tell him they are stuck, and the homeless guy says "here - take my last 20 dollar bill" ?  And the couple accepts the cash ?   And then the go fun me page ???  Sounds like a scam from the very start.

Honored Contributor

???   HOW could they think they wouldn't get caught?   

Trusted Contributor

That couple should be prosecuted. What a disgusting excuse for two human beings.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.