Respected Contributor

Re: Who are all of these new people as models?

Had a taped D&Co show running in the background while getting ready this afternoon. The models I saw were Ann (5'6" size small -- by the way, Nancy thought surely she was wearing XXS but checked the size and she was, indeed, a small); Lydia (5'6" size large) and Crystal (5'3" size large, at least in the garment she wearing when I saw her -- sometimes a medium?). So, not an XXS or XL to be seen in the ladies I saw before turning it off.

Honored Contributor

Some of the new models are not that attractive IMO.  I don't know any of their names.  I bet that some of the older models (in years with QVC) may be modeling on QVC2.  I bet QVC is sorry they have these other 2 stations.  I wonder if they can get rid of the stations?

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch much anymore but after reading this post I checked in to see. I tend to disagree a bit because they might be responding to criticism that the models don't represent the general population.  I think the change is a good thing.  I used to look and see if anyone looked anything like me.  .... five feet tall and overweight.  No one.  And as I look around there are so many of us no matter what size were not being featured.  Nothing like seeing a taller than tall thin gal neatly put together with no apparent flaws modeling clothes.  A dream yes, but not reality.  

I have a pet rant about cosmetics and featuring the very young with no apparent wrinkles and then selling us the glorious results if we use THIS OR THAT PRODUCT.  Not real and I am not going to dream that one thinking I can erase 30 years or so just by buying.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu wrote:

I don't watch much anymore but after reading this post I checked in to see. I tend to disagree a bit because they might be responding to criticism that the models don't represent the general population.  I think the change is a good thing.  I used to look and see if anyone looked anything like me.  .... five feet tall and overweight.  No one.  And as I look around there are so many of us no matter what size were not being featured.  Nothing like seeing a taller than tall thin gal neatly put together with no apparent flaws modeling clothes.  A dream yes, but not reality.  

I have a pet rant about cosmetics and featuring the very young with no apparent wrinkles and then selling us the glorious results if we use THIS OR THAT PRODUCT.  Not real and I am not going to dream that one thinking I can erase 30 years or so just by buying.  

@bonnielu 

I hear ya....I'm petite and wear a medium and got frustrated seeing only tall XXS type models....so a nice variety of sizes and shapes is fine....

But I think the problem is the stylist who is NOT making these "average non-professional ladies" look their best by putting them in skin tight clothes and outfits that look clownish.......They need to style them properly .And also do away with the overdone posing....SMH

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I like that they are presenting diversity - race and size - within the modelling staff.  Am trying to think of the Q models, but I don't think I have seen a Hispanic model yet...

I have stated before...the QVC clothes styling does such a disservice to many of the larger, heavier models and hosts.  I hate seeing women in skin tight - seams popping - pants!  And what about a button front top that is stretched out in the chest area.  Definitely not a selling pointCan't believe the clothes designers are happy with these looks either...

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@lovesallanimals, I could not agree with you more!  No woman looks good, or ladylike, wearing super tight clothing.  It cheapens her look, no matter what her size.  That said, curvier women in such tight clothes look particularly bad, in my opinion.  My goals is to wear clothes that fit, that are appropriate for my curvier shape.  I don’t know how some of these models can even sit down in those pants.

@PamfromCT 

I have shrunken to 5’2” from 5’5” in the last ten years.  I weigh 114 lbs., up from 108 lbs.,a week after I came home from the rehab.. Thankfully I am maintaining my weight, my goal being 120 lbs.

That said, while I am a size six in most things, I always order an eight because I cannot stand tight clothing.  That may be due to my advanced age though, I realize that.  Most of those petite models are wearing a two or a four, but maybe they weigh 95 lbs.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Frequent Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Before I posted this I thought long and hard.  I'm sorry but I feel very strongly about QVC offering models who are sizes 1, 2 and 3X (soon they keep saying they'll be offering sizes 4 and 5X). We seldom see even a size 1X!!

I also want to see people who know how to demonstrate the clothes.

If they're going to use people who aren't the regular models, that's fine but at least train them.  Show them how to move around the room, how to stand, smile, etc.  I buy a lot of clothes from QVC.  All of my clothes comes from QVC.  I have to return a lot of stuff because it isn't being explained or shown right.  I know a lot about material, fit, etc.  However, if the model is just standing still and not moving....

Ever notice how Dennis Basso has the same models and he has them come out and walk around?  Ever notice that?  Ever notice how Bob Mackie always has the same models and they move around?  Huh?  Pay attention and you'll notice it.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself very well.  That's my position.  I don't think it has anything to go with being negative or positive.  I'm being honest here.

I get upset at the way they sell shoes (especially sandals).  The models (whomever they are), just stand there.

Look!  If we are expected to order from our TV screen, at least walk around the room, do something other than just stand there in the shoes.  Some shoes flop more than other's.

It would give a better idea of how heavy that shoe is when it flops back up on the heel.  Ever think of that?  Well, I have.  

I wear a size 11 shoe most of the time.  You buy/wear a size 11 shoe and it's important how heavy the shoe is when it flops back up on the heel.  I want to see how difficult it is to keep it straight when walking if it stays straight on the foot as it comes back up off of the foot.

Is that specific enough?  I feel like I bla bla too much as it is, but perhaps I didn't make myself specific enough.

Again, it's not about how beautiful (or ugly) these people are.  They look very normal to me.  Excuse me, but I'm the one who keeps saying why don't we see more Asians, African Americans (with dark skin) anyone who's different looking. 

When selling those scooters like today.  Why not hire a model who actually needs a scooter some of the time?  I see people in the grocery store in the powered carts.  They can walk a little, but not all over the store.  Why not have some of them?

The reason I mentioned the carts is because my daughter called me and said I might want to get one.  I said, "Thanks but no thanks".  That would be giving up and I'm not there yet.

I think it's about saving money for QVC.  They are a business and it's always about saving money.  That's always the bottom line.  I think some vendors request certain models.  It's probably in their contract.

And Susan Graver always has Katia model her clothes. Katia is tall and lean and would look good in anything, including a paper sack. At least Dennis Basso uses Maria and points out how good she, too, looks in his clothing. I think she wears a 1X.