Honored Contributor

Re: Who are all of these new people as models?

There is a thread on here some where that states they want more "real" women to model.  Now this thread complaining about new models.  Just no pleasing some people.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

They are giving people what they asked for; they are using fewer professional models with perfect figures and perfect proportions and more average or "real life" women.  Personally, I appreciate that because while I am an XL; I do not have the perfectly proportioned figure that size 16 plus size model would have.  There are a couple of models who are larger than I am, probably a 2X but truly appreciate seeing them in jeans and pants because they have ample butts and thighs and booties just like I have.  So, I get to judge how pants and jeans will look on me.  I thank QVC for that.  My middle sister also likes seeing the models who wear a M for similar reasons.  She's not a long, lean XXS and she's not a plus size.  She likes seeing clothes on a the size 10-12 models who do not have perfect figures.  However, it's unrealistic to think that any shopping channel can ever have models who exactly mirror our own bodies in every single aspect.  

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

Bingo!  QVC can't please everyone but I think terms of the new models, they have pleased those of us who actually BUY things.  

Esteemed Contributor

There is one in particular who has been there for a long time and I think she has made her home there because she is ALWAYS on hand for clothing shows. Or so it seems. But anyway she doesn't walk, she clomps. After all this time I'm surprised no one has called it to her attention and given her some walking lessons. Botton line though for me is that I think it's good to have regular everyday women modeling instead of just those who have made modeling their profession and been trained in catwalking, or whatever they call it. Except for the clomper, just a little training in not clomping across the set needed.

Esteemed Contributor

I like to see a variety of different size models BUT, when they put tight pants on big models & all their lumps & bumps are showing that’s a NO NO for me .... sometimes, a “model” should never wear certain clothing in front of a camera for the whole world to see .. shame on QVC for allowing this to happen.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

If all they had were traditional “model” figures, people would complain about that and have!

Totally agree.  For years posters have complained that they want models who look like them.  Well now they have them.

Be careful what you wish for.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

They models the samples that are pulled for them , from what I understand. I have heard Leah say many times that they don"t always have everyone particular size. As for the comment about them looking like laundromat women I think it is wrong to say that about another woman. We are all not a perfect size and our hair is not the same. I can read between the lines about the coment about the hair, which i think was not necessary at all. It amazes me how the perfect size women complain on this blog , QVC can't please any of you no matter what they do.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I don't want this to get zapped but who are all of these new people I see as ummmm models on QVC?

What happened to all of the models who used to be on there?  

It looks like QVC has picked people from the audience or those who pass by to visit QVC?  

I miss seeing the models we used to see.

Along those lines.  If they're going to show XL and every now and then a 1X why don't they show people who are not only 1X, 2X and so on but who are (in height) a size that's around 5'6", 5'7" rather than size XL 

I'd like to see people who's measurements aren't 5'10".

For someone who always posts how inclusive she is, I am kind of surprised and disheartened to see this post @Annabellethecat66 .

Picked people from the audience to model? Exactly how do people from the audience look?

Honored Contributor

I'll be smashed for this but when they pan the audience most are not XS, S, M, or even L.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I like to see a variety of different size models BUT, when they put tight pants on big models & all their lumps & bumps are showing that’s a NO NO for me .... sometimes, a “model” should never wear certain clothing in front of a camera for the whole world to see .. shame on QVC for allowing this to happen.

And then there are those of us who WANT to those imperfections because WE have them too.  So, if we see something that just does not look good on a model, we can take a pass on it or go up a size.  Some people watch fashion just for entertainment, so they like the show but some us are watching to shop so we like to see what clothes really look like on women with average bodies.  It certainly prevents returns!