Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who Would You Want To Have Dinner With

my mom, Hillary Clinton, and Tim Russert

Super Contributor

Sorry, I can't think of just three.

Family:  My dear mother, left way too young.  And, maternal grandmother and great aunt. They passed before my son was born, and I want them to meet him. They would be so thrilled.

Friends: Just one, she was a wonderful person that passed from cancer. One of the most supportive, caring and selfless people I have ever known. I miss her terribly!

Celebrities: Prince, Michael Jackson and Tupac Shakur

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SoftRain wrote:

Sorry, I can't think of just three.

Family:  My dear mother, left way too young.  And, maternal grandmother and great aunt. They passed before my son was born, and I want them to meet him. They would be so thrilled.

Friends: Just one, she was a wonderful person that passed from cancer. One of the most supportive, caring and selfless people I have ever known. I miss her terribly!

Celebrities: Prince, Michael Jackson and Tupac Shakur

@SoftRain FYI, there is a Tupac Shakur living in Kentucky.  He filed for unemployment insurance after losing his job but hasn't received any money yet because they thought it was a bogus claim.  The governor actually called him out publicly for disrupting the system and later personally called him to apologize for the error.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Michelle Obama and Neal Katyal.

Eta: and Gavin Newsom

Super Contributor

Martin Luther King, would love for him to share how he could be such a non-violent person in violent times. Mother Teresa, hope being around her would help me to be more giving to those less fortunate than me and my grandchildren so I could teach them how to fix their favorite dish that they always request me to fix when they come to my house for dinner.
Trusted Contributor

The love of my life my late husband, my dad also in Heaven and Jesus.

Super Contributor

Chris Hayes

Honored Contributor

Too many to mention -- I'd like a big dinner party with first being Jesus.

Then my mom and dad.  I'd like to have my grandmothers and my grandfather there as I never got to meet them.

David Bowie, Maeve Binchy, Audrey Hepburn, a couple friends who have passed on, Elvis, my mother-in-law, my aunt.

Sorry, I can't pick just 3.  I would want to invite a lot of other people, too.  Have a large garden party with cocktails and music!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

AOC and RBG

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

my mom, Hillary Clinton, and Tim Russert

@Goldengate8361   Oh, I miss Tim Rusert.  How about this trio:

Tim Russert

James Carville

Mary Matalin

Wouldn't that be a hoot.  Soon after Tim passed away I attended a conference and James and Mary were the Keynote speakers.  What a speech.  They both talked about Tim and both got weepy.  I think the three of them together again would be non-stop laughs.