Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who Would You Want To Have Dinner With

Aside from deceased family: President Trump, First Lady Melania Trump, and my favorite cousin who lives 450 miles away.

Honored Contributor

Oh, boy, difficult choices.  Of living people, the top of the list always would have to be Thomas Sowell.  I'm terrible at economics, though, and he doesn't suffer fools gladly, so I'd be content to sit and just revel in being dinner partners with a towering intellect such as his...

Then, Martin Short for laughs.  Would he tolerate us, though-- he's pretty 'Hollywood-indoctrinated'.  Love him, for thoroughly cracked humor, nonetheless.  Mollie Hemingway, for her enlivening investigative mind and independent streak,  Joan Didion for all around incisive brilliance and poetic perceptions ...

Trusted Contributor

I would fancy to have a dinner and plenty of vino with the actor named Chris Evans. I watched the show last night on Apple TV Defending Jacob and I liked him!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Rush Limbaugh

@Mom2Dogs  Bravo for Rush...and here are 2 more dynamos...William F. Buckley and Charles Krauthammer!

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove   Yes!!   I just said to my husband last night that I sure wish Charles Krauthammer was still around, I always enjoyed listening to him and respected his opinion.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@ScarletDove   Yes!!   I just said to my husband last night that I sure wish Charles Krauthammer was still around, I always enjoyed listening to him and respected his opinion.

@Mom2Dogs  Amen, I miss him too....he was one smart man; you know he was a psychiatrist prior to being a journalist--I worked in psychiatry/psychology 34 yrs and that insight showed in his writing...one articulate and smart man I truly miss!

Trusted Contributor

i would pick my late husband and father of my three sons... Would love for my deceased husband to see how wonderful his three sons turned out.  

Honored Contributor

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sojourner Truth
Eleanor Rosevelt
Trusted Contributor

Oh, I have a few of these dinner parties in mind, depending on what I'd like to learn from the participants.  

First, my Mom (who passed away last June), with my Aunt, her younger sister and my Grandma (their mother.)  I, too have some questions for my Grandma on what she knows about where/who she came from.

Second, Jesus, the Pope during WWII who alledgedly knew about the Holocaust and didn't act, and Pope Benedict (although he's still alive), on what he did and did not know about the molestations by Priests.  I think Jesus would have a thing or two to tell those guys.

Third, Eleanor of Aquitane, Queen Elizabeth I of England and Josephine of France.  Powerful intelligent women who played a great role in history when women were usually mere chattel. (I would love to add British historian Lucy Worsley to this party!)

Fourth, Alexander Hamilton, Daniel Webster and a lucid Ronald Reagan (before Alzheimers).  Different viewpoints from different points in our history.  

And these are just some of the pairings I've come up with from folks who have passed on.  There are a few more I could come up with from the living.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

If I could have dinner at their place (again no dead people friends or relatives), I would love to be at a gathering hosted by Michelle Obama, the Barefoot Contessa lady, or Martha Stewart. Besides their other obvious and far more important accomplishments, I think they would all be wonderful hosts.

@Porcelain Want me to pick you up on my way there? Woman Very Happy