Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who Usually Drives You or DH?

@occasionalrain

Honestly, I kinda knew you'd get a little chuckle out of that, though just the thought of that peak and his excuse still irks me.  LOL!

Honored Contributor

I drive 100% of the time.  My husband no longer drives.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

DH usually drives when we are together.  I usually never nag him, but my passenger lookout position is a job I take seriously.  I don’t know how he manages without me - “slow down” “speed up” “watch out.”  Just amazing.

Respected Contributor

DH. I'm too nervous about it all. We put the radio on XM--the 50's on 5 and it helps me relax a bit. 

Honored Contributor

DH drives and I love it! He is an excellent driver and I never worry when he drives.  He doesn't speed and is very cautious.  Something else great about him behind the wheel --- he has a great sense of direction and if he should get off course --- which is rare --- he is not afraid to ask.  

As I get older, I don't like to drive outside of the small town we live in.  And I especially am fearful of highways, interstates, etc., and any place I am not familiar with.  I never used to be this way when I was younger.  I feel confidence in driving is very important and if you don't have it, then you shouldn't do much of it - so, I don't!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

My husband drives. When he had his accident ,I had to do all the driving for months. I drive OK ,but I would rather let him do it

Esteemed Contributor

My husband has to drive whenever we go anywhere together....He likes to be in control and thinks he knows the best way and fastest way and easiest way and most perfect way to get anywhere....Then, when we get to our destination, he proceeds to lead me to wherever we are going....I have often mentioned that he needs to pick up a child harness for me!...LOLOL Woman LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Trusted Contributor

ME !   DH  drives down the center of the road .

Esteemed Contributor

50/50 on the driving. Basically, if we take my SUV, I drive. If we take his truck, he drives. On vacations, I do the bulk of the driving. We listen to audio books. I stay awake while he drives. He sleeps while I drive. I have to fill him in on story progression when he was asleep. I know... 

My sis-in-law and husband both have the same, annoying driving style. They press and release the accelerator - for no reason. It's like they're giving their ankle a rest. Their dad does the same thing.  What's that about? They look at you like, 'What am I doing?' My grown kids won't ride with them.

When I ride with all three of these people I say, when I put my seatbelt on, use your turn indicator, or I won't ride with you. They say -- I do. I say -- but you don't.

Is driving genetic? Sheesh

I'm going to Asheville, NC on extended weekend with my sis-in-law soon. I said -- you get the hotel -- I'll rent the car and buy the gas. I suggested that for a reason. Man Embarassed

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@sarahpanda  Oh dear God, mine does the middle thing too!  When I ask why he's in the middle of the road I get there's nothing coming. For the love of Kukla Fran and Ollie!!!!!