Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who Usually Drives You or DH?

We frequently drive 3,4,and 10 hrs one way so usually we alternate every 100 miles, unless we are in a big busy city (then DH usually drives).

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ, ....and my hubby goes nuts when someone tailgates him!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When we go shopping together( Costco etc), he usually drives. I am a back seat driver....and not a good passenger. He drives too close to other cars...drives over the speed limit..... 

Honored Contributor

Me.  The last time I was the passenger was November 21, 2017 when he drove me to my last Dr appt after knee surgery.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband drives his car and I like to look at him driving. I find it and him most appealing. I drive my car but we never take my car when we go somewhere together.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't been able to drive since 11/24/18 due to right arm and foot injuries, so my husband drives and I hate that.

Every time, I mean every time, we get in the car he has to site see, even if we're driving on a street we've been on 500 times.  How many times have I said, "Jim!  Put the ____ brakes on!"  Plus, his drinking...

He hit something last fall and totally wrecked the front suspension assembly, as well as the motor mounts.  Boy, did that cost us a pretty penny in repairs.  I saw the damage and asked what he had done.  Here's what he told me - no lie:  "A big rock fell on the car."  Please do laugh!

Now, how could a big rock have fallen on the car and NOT have caused a huge dent?  What I was looking at was the exact opposite:   the hood on the right side was pooched up and had a peak on it.  Furthermore, when I got in the car and tried to turn the steering wheel - Whoa!  To this day, he denies he hit anything.  Am trying to think how to ask him what caused our front license plate to get totally smooshed in 2 weeks ago.

Bottom Line:  As soon as I'm all better, I'll be doing as much of the driving as possible.  He is a menace on the road.  (Never stops at stop signs.  I wish a police officer would catch him at it.)

Respected Contributor

My husband does most of the driving.I enjoy him driving on trips so I can enjoy the scenery.

Honored Contributor

@sfnative I doubt you find it amusing but I surely did, especially your account of it. The peaked part had me laughing.

Esteemed Contributor

My MIL was a absolute horrror on the road.  I stopped riding with her the last 20 years of her life when she was in her sixties. The last time she was gawking at her friends house and a car was stopped a 1/2 block ahead waiting to make a left hand turn.I was yelling and pointing at the car while pressing my foot against the floor. (Useless I know as she had the brake on her side).We had to go around the car on the right to avoid a** ending him.  I made her stop and  I drove. That was it,  I drove or didn't go with her.

Honored Contributor

@sfnativeI would be terrified to ride with him. You must have nerves of steel