Honored Contributor

Who Remembers the CD Christmas Cards?

I'm not good at guessing how many years back....maybe 4?

Anyway, I must have bought at least 100 of these Christmas CD Christmas cards.

I found more of them!  I've been sending them to people I know.

Do any of you remember them?  They were beautifully done.  It was 2 different variations of Christmas songs on CD's.

The cover is colorful and it lists the songs on the back cover.

I love them.  I've received so many calls and letters from friends thanking me for sending them one!

Some have said they slip it in their car and it puts them in a good mood......

Anyone here remember them?  That was back when QVC didn't sell the same thing over and over and it just seemed like QVC was a little more (I hate this word but I can't block it from my head) 'classy'. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Who Remembers the CD Christmas Cards?

When I was growing up, we used to get a record that was a Christmas card. The record was clear plastic and the backing was a beautiful card. We got one every year. It was from my Uncle who lived in Vienna.

It was usually the Vienna Boys Choir singing a Christmas Carol.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66  I don't remember them, but I think it is a great idea if the music was good.  Most people enjoy Christmas songs this time of the year. ...a festive little gift.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey I have read your posts and saw where you gave me a heart.

I know you've been around longer than me, do you remember those CD Christmas Cards?

I wonder why QVC stopped them?  They were so well done and it was a lot of fun sending them out to people.

Oh!  Well!  Just like my beloved Birkenstocks....I guess they'll never come back...

Very few real Christmas items were presented.  Just sell the same stuff (batteries, Josie Marin...Josie Marin...(You get the idea)....batteries....

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Birkies will never go away...classics, just like us!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd OK, I've made an EXECUTIVE decision.....I'm going to figure out how to post pictures here!

They were wonderful!

You guy better ask Santa to bring something that will prevent Annabelle from figuring out how to post pictures here....'cause now I'm on a mission....

Love you guys...Bill's staring me down...it's been about 2 hrs since he ate and he's tapping his foot...like "where's my food"?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Yup, I've got a demanding little one myself!  Better get on it, before the foot tapping turns into more serious actions!

Posting pictures sounds like a fun goal....I can see it now, @Annabellethecat66 posting a phone book full of pictures.  I need to learn that skill myself Woman Wink  Many times I end up writing paragraphs describing when a picture paints a thousand words.

Honored Contributor

Yes @Annabellethecat66...I remember those cards.  I did not purchase but do remember them being pesented.  I bet you friends are enjoying your 'card'....that was back in the day when  QVC had some interesting, fun items.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning  @Annabellethecat66  I do remember those CD  cards.  I think they were even sold in stores.  I sent them also.  So much fun!

I buy Birkies at HSN or at DSW stores. LOL

I love reading your posts. I heart a lot of them. I wish I could write like you.

Take care my friend. Merry Christmas.

Honored Contributor

I LOVED buying them, and used them for all kinds of little gifties, sometimes with edibles or a check or cash tucked inside, sometimes by themselves.

Sometimes technology moves too fast for its (and our) own good.