Honored Contributor

Who On Earth Is Myrna Tellinghuisen, and I Want Her for My New Best Friend

Her Twitter account is hilarious!  She describes herself as a retired executive secretary for some big shot vice president of something in So. California.

She is a terse satirist.  Here's how she mocks all the recent weasel-ly public "apologies" in this latest tweet:    "The outburst I had at Jo-Ann's Fabrics is not reflective of who I am"....

Her picture shows a lovely, smiling white-haired stereotypical church lady, with a lurking twinkle in her eye suggesting all is not "lemon bars and charity bazaars" in her world.

Oh, I hope, hope she is not a hoax-- it is too delicious.  Her tweets are a riot.  She even has a tweeting nephew called Lyle Tellinghuisen who sounds like a bit of a handful...

Please, let her be for real!

Honored Contributor

Re: Who On Earth Is Myrna Tellinghuisen, and I Want Her for My New Best Friend

Oh, I forgot to say how to get to her account -- it's  @PearlsFromMyrna.   Great reading!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting this.   Her Crime Watch Alerts are funny!   Queen of the one-liners...

"Marylou sneezed into the mini quiche platter at the HOA meeting, but that didn't stop Doris."

"Martha's Christmas lights are blue and that's not kosher."

"Dear Television People: We do not need whimsical jingles about (diarrhea)."

"Crime Watch Alert: The bird seed reported stolen from Tom’s carport has been found. Tom’s wife Enid brought it into the house to keep it away from the rats." 

Myrna's a hoot...Let's invite her to lunch!

@Oznell

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF, done!  I"ll make the little crustless egg salad sandwiches, if you'll bring the green jello surprise...

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting this, I wasn't familiar with Myrna, but now I'm following her, she's a hoot.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Oznell I don't know if this account is real or a parody but it sure is hilarious and a breath of fresh air.  Thanks so much for posting this as I could always use a laugh!

Valued Contributor

@Oznell  Thanks!  I've bookmarked her twitter page.

Honored Contributor

I keep resisting it, but have reluctantly come down 90% on the side of believing that Myrna is a very amusing creation, as must be her magical little subdivision, "Vaca Muerta". (Doesn't that mean "Dead Something"?) It's just too good to be true!  And the Dickensian names of the people in her little universe-- a bit of a giveaway, are they not?

But that doesn't stop me from enjoying those tweets.  And wondering who had the cleverness to come up with the whole thing, if it is a huge concoction?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

I keep resisting it, but have reluctantly come down 90% on the side of believing that Myrna is a very amusing creation, as must be her magical little subdivision, "Vaca Muerta". (Doesn't that mean "Dead Something"?) It's just too good to be true!  And the Dickensian names of the people in her little universe-- a bit of a giveaway, are they not?

But that doesn't stop me from enjoying those tweets.  And wondering who had the cleverness to come up with the whole thing, if it is a huge concoction?

-----------------

So "Vaca Muerta" translates to Dead Cow!!  I know know nothing about this woman, but may start reading her tweets.... 

Honored Contributor

Ha, @corita, that nails it.  They get pretty creative bestowing lovely, evocative Spanish names on those California subdivisions, but that's a bridge too far...