Trusted Contributor

Re: Who Makes The Best Food Gift Baskets?

williams-sonoma. always good stuff! 

Respected Contributor

If she or he likes peanuts. I just discovered Belmont Peanuts.  It's a family farm in Virginia.  I placed an order from them a few weeks ago, and I have been enjoying their peanuts in different flavors.  They are absolutely the best nuts I have tasted.  I highly recommend it.

Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Harry and David.

My only issue with H&D is their shipping costs.  I just looked at essentially a box of cookies and shipping was over $20.00.   Seems like a lot for a box of assorted cookies.

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Harry and David.

My only issue with H&D is their shipping costs.  I just looked at essentially a box of cookies and shipping was over $20.00.   Seems like a lot for a box of assorted cookies.

When I've used them in the past, I was always able to find a deal for free shipping.

Honored Contributor

@CaliKat   I sent a gift basket of high quality goodies to my mother for her 96th birthday.

I went over to my local flower shop & they hooked my mother up.

Suggest you go to your local flower shop to see what they can do for you.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud 

I looked and couldn't find free shipping on the item I wanted.  

I then went to Wolfermans that someone suggested here.  I emailed them with a question and they sent me to Harry and David's website for information.   I guess they are somehow hooked.

In the end, I ordered exactly what I was looking for from Wine Country.   Free shipping too.

Respected Contributor

I use Swiss Colony for many of my holiday food gifts--the assortments are superb!

I do like Harry & David as well.

Honored Contributor

Harry & David

Valued Contributor

Baskets with various items are tough.  I recommend:  Zingerman's sour cream coffee cake, Savannah's Candy Kitchen original pralines, See's Candies peanut brittle or toffee-ettes or chocolate candy, Savannah Bee Company tupelo honey, or Swiss Colony  baby swiss rounds.  Yum. We get the Holy Cross Abbey in Berryville VA fruitcakes-  top shelf.  Merry Christmas!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CaliKat   Harry and David DID NOT IMPRESS me.  I would not order from them again.  I would go with Whole Foods because they carry beautiful produce and baked goods.  Another idea is gourmet cookies from Carol's cookies out of Northbrook, IL.  Neiman Marcus carries her cookies and that is how I was introduced to them.  They are delicious.  They are big and very thick.  Only the freshest ingredients are used.

kindness is strength