Valued Contributor

Who Makes The Best Food Gift Baskets?

I want to send a gift basket to a dear friend. I would like it to contain high quality food items. It could include things such as cheese, meats, candy, fruit, bakery, snack items, etc.

They could be companies that ship locally in the Los Angeles area, or companies that ship nationally.

If you have had good experiences with companies that specialize in this kind of gift basket, I would very much appreciate your recommendations.

I will check back this evening for responses.

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Who Makes The Best Food Gift Baskets?

Harry and David.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

I've had good experiences with DiBruno Brothers in Philadelphia.

Honored Contributor

You can't go wrong with Harry & David.  There's also Hickory Farms; if you can wait until after Christmas, you often find them 50% off.

Valued Contributor

WOLFERMANS  BAKERY    JUST ORDERED 3 BASKETS   THE BEST EVER

Respected Contributor

I've ordered Wolferman's many times of the years.  Receipients, mostly family, love it!

Honored Contributor

David's cookies.  I think they've been on QVC, but I go to their website.  If you have friends that like Brownies, this is the place.  Assorted brownies, with fudge, cheesecake, etc.  Variations of Brownies.

The other one is: My Grandma's Cape Cod Cranberry Coffee Cake.  Love, love this!  Been on QVC, but not this flavor. Also on Amazon.

Valued Contributor

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I love the variety of foods to choose from.Heart

I've got to run now, but I'll be back tonight to read more suggestions.

Valued Contributor

I also use Harry and David.  Their pears are outstanding. Not like a pear from the grocery store.  My MIL always loved the chocolate truffles.  Their pineapple macadamia fruitcake is delicious - not like a bitter peel fruitcake.

We also use Koeze nuts from our local stores.  They ship everywhere.  Their cashews are really fresh and big.

Honored Contributor

If Whole Foods delivers in their area, get them some meats, cheeses, breads, a pie maybe, jams and jellies and olives etc.  Maybe put in a small flower arrangement and have it delivers.

TALK TO the concierge at the store and they'll take care of you!