Honored Contributor

Re: Who Likes Summer Festivals?

Love the arts and crafts festivals. The necessary port-a-potties, not so much.
Esteemed Contributor

LOL tansy

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Here's one I plan to skip. Los Alamos, NM, which is full of scientists and engineers and is the city where the first A-Bomb was developed and built, is advertising a "science festival". Whoopdedo!
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't like "Taste Of" events. I prefer to eat my food in a nice, clean, air conditioned restaurant - NOT standing on the hot pavement with half eaten food and garbage all around. It just turns me off the food - especially the seafood stands - yuck!

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

I always enjoyed the fall festivals the most.......delicious foods and some pretty darn nice crafty things.....got many Christmass gifts at them......

But now, my poor old legs won't allow me to attend anything like that any more.  And, I really do miss it....

Here in St. Louis area, we do have a large Greek community, and boy when they put the food out, you can't get enough of it.  Some really good Greek cooks here.  A lot of love and pride goes into their foods.  I had a Greek family that lived 2 doors down from me quite a few years ago, and boy did they ever see that I always had good Greek food to eat......that was when I was alone......way back when.......LOL

Please don't let your legs stop you from going, can you rent a mobile chair for a day? My oldest sister has MS and can't for very long, this is what we do for her.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I still enjoy them to a point, I do not like going when it is super hot and super crowded, I don't like huge crowds, luckily the ones around here arent extremely crowded. I remember years ago going to The Taste of Chicago, and it was so crowded and hot and the lines were so long, I said never again!!!!!Same with Summerfest-no more....I do like our smaller, more local festivals though!

This is the reason that I either go at night or when they first open, I don't enjoy myself in the heat or with large crowds.

Esteemed Contributor

Southern CA has some really nice festivals. One of my favorites is a folk music competition held in May at the old Paramount Ranch in Agoura Hills. Laguna Beach has several different art festivals that run from now through Labor Day where the scenery is beautiful and the weather is awesome. 

I also like the Rose Bowl flea market in Pasadena--not a festival, but a fun place to wander around and look at things.

I tend to like a lot of outdoor activities like apple picking, cherry picking, and the pumpkin patch. I know some posters laugh when hosts bring up these events but some of us actually have a good time in the great outdoors! Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One thing that bugs me is when people insist on bringing their dogs.

It's almost torture for them to have to walk on the hot asphalt...be surrounded by strangers and have to confront strange dogs.

I don't think they appreciate the art either!

Honored Contributor

Recently in New Jersey a shore town was actually closed because traffic was so bad for their sea food festival.

Esteemed Contributor

Terrier ~ I agree, pets should be left at home. Most of the place I've been don't even allow dogs. The music festival allows them, but encourages people not to bring them. They're not allowed at the cherry, apple, or pumpkin farms either. Generally speaking, I think dogs are more comfortable at home, especially during the hot weather.