Honored Contributor

Who In the World Gets to Eat All of that Food?

They've been cooking all day long!  Who in the world gets to eat all of that food they cook up?

Anyone know?  Do they take it to the shelters?

Respected Contributor

Re: Who In the World Gets to Eat All of that Food?

I'll bet the crew at QVC eats it up or takes some home.  I doubt very little gets thrown away. 

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I'll bet the crew at QVC eats it up or takes some home.  I doubt very little gets thrown away. 

I saw the hosts talk about that once, saying they knew people wondered if it was just thrown out.

Their response was that, no, it is definitely not thrown out, they have a lot of staff working in the building and all of the food used was given to staff.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

that would be my guess also......and that complex seems HUGE! i am sure there are quite a lot of people in that building every day all times of the day.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I dont see any way they could give it to shelters.   It's not cooked or stored under health department standards.   Much sits under hot lights for hours,  some may be treated with non-edible  substances to enhance its appearance.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The crew eats some, but a lot needs to be thrown away due to sitting under hot lights for extended periods of time. There are strict rules for donating food to shelters and such.

Honored Contributor

Well I hope the staff that is the lowest paid gets most of it.  I'm sure the representatives that man the phones don't make much, as one example.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie

Be Here Now Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I'm guessing that it gets gobbled up by employees. Any place I have ever worked employees behaved like starving animals when free food was available.....

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Who cooks it all?  LOL

Lisa R said back in her early QVC days, hosts had to come up with the recipes, shop for the items, and then cook it themselves.  LOL