Honored Contributor

Re: Whitney - the Lifetime movie

The last hour of Clive Davis introducing her best singing performances was the best part.

Honored Contributor

She was into Coke even before she met Bobby, they made that very clear in the film.

Honored Contributor

Love Whitney. The movie was okay, seen worse.
Valued Contributor

On 1/18/2015 winamac1 said:

It was horrible. I watched 5 minutes. I couldn't take it. AWFUL I like Lifetime movies, LOL. I didn't like this one.

Same here. Sometimes lifetime has good movies and some are real stinkers. This was one of the stinkers. They are just trying to capitalize on a celebritie's hard life and death.

Honored Contributor

The problem with Lifetime movies is that they always make the "love affair" the focal point. They did the same with Elizabeth Taylor, whose affairs with Richard Burton were the least of her lifetime accomplishments. Both had far more interesting lives than just their relationships with men.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

The movie was okay. I came away from watching the interview with Bobby seeing a different person than what has been portrayed. How he could blame Whitney's obvious weight loss viewed at the Michael Jackson event on the dress she was wearing, saying she was always thin, which she wasn't, was unbelievable, but guess he was still trying to protect her. I prefer her recordings of the songs in the concerts better than the renditions at the concerts.

Respected Contributor

Hope it's better than their Aliyah biopic, which was disappointing and boring.

Super Contributor

I saw it last night, and it was okay. I was surprised to learn that Whitney was already using coke, when Bobby entered the picture.

The only part that I didn't really care for, was the scene where Whitney and Bobby were intimate for the first time. The camera zoomed in and lingered when Bobby's hand was right there, in between her legs. I was like, "Okay, we get it! They had seks!"

I think that Bobby really did love her.

I admit, at the time, I saw Whitney as wholesome, and innocent, and Bobby as bad news.

I was convinced that he was not good enough for her, and that when it became obvious that she was using drugs, that it was because Bobby had introduced them to her, and that her drug use was 100% his fault.

I was wrong.

I saw his interview after the movie, and to me, he has mellowed with age. He even has a bit of a pot belly now.

Honored Contributor

I would if it was Whitney Cummings.