Respected Contributor

Re: Whitney - the Lifetime movie

I thought it was just okay. I was hoping for more singing in the show. She did sing my most favorite song.

Super Contributor

I watched it and now I'm watching the interview with Bobby Brown. The movie wasn't great but it wasn't awful either. One thing it focused on was how much Bobby really loved her, and he wasn't as much of the bad boy as people seemed to think. I don't know why the family would not support the movie, other than it is very clear about her drug use, Angela didn't sugar coat it. Bobby didn't get her hooked on drugs, in fact he talks openly about it in his interview. The actress did a decent job, definitely has a resemblance to Whitney. She didn't do the singing though, another singer was dubbed in, and her voice was incredible I thought. No one compares to Whitney, but she did an amazing rendition.

Respected Contributor

The best one is on now called W. Houston. She is singing all her songs, this is good. I didn't realize there were 3 shows on tonight.

Honored Contributor

I taped it.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan of Whitney or Bobby but nothing else was on so I watched part of it. The girl looked nothing like Whitney and it was boring. If your a fan of Whitney's there is an hour of her performances after the movie.

Esteemed Contributor

My thoughts were similar to this Wall Street Journal review, especially about the part where it ends just when it was starting to get good. I was expecting a larger time span to be covered. http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/01/17/whitney-five-things-we-took-away-from-lifetimes-latest-bio...
Esteemed Contributor

I checked in on the movie a couple of times and saw part of the last performance of ""I Will Always Love You"" - but I just can't have the image in my mind of somebody else portraying Whitney singing that song. So I went and watched her on Youtube. The concert that just ended was fantastic -- she can literally make chills go down my spine and almost bring me to tears. What a waste & so sad ... I just wonder what else she could have achieved had she lived longer. I think she was one of the all-time greats!

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't watch it. I usually don't watch movies about famous people because they're already on film and why watch an imitation when you can see the real thing?

Esteemed Contributor

I watched it and I did not like it. I am not a fan of Lifetime movies.. but, nothing else was on but, it was a sleeper.

Honored Contributor

It was horrible. I watched 5 minutes. I couldn't take it. AWFUL I like Lifetime movies, LOL. I didn't like this one.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"