Contributor

Re: Whitey Bulger Killed In Prison

@nana59 wrote:

sounds like someone was waiting for him!!

yes: karma!

Honored Contributor

**UPDATE** on Whitey Bulger's death from TMZ:

12:09 PM PT -- A prison source tells us Bulger -- who is wheelchair bound -- was in general population Tuesday morning. We're told he was approached by 3 other inmates who wheeled him into a corner that could not be seen by surveillance cameras.

Our source says the inmates beat Bulger -- one used a lock in a sock as a weapon -- until he was unconscious. They also attempted to gouge his eyes out with some type of shiv, but were unsuccessful. Bulger fell to the ground covered in bruises and with several dents in his head.

As for the eyes, we've been doing some research -- back in the days of Murder Inc., (the 1940s gangsters, not the rappers) mobsters would gouge out the eyes of witnesses who talked to cops. 

Whitey was an informant for the FBI starting back in 1975 -- so, this may have been a message from his killers to warn others about snitching.  

11:43 AM PT -- A law enforcement source tells us Bulger's death is being treated as a suspected homicide.

11:15 AM PT -- TMZ has learned emergency dispatchers got a call from the prison for someone in cardiac arrest, and staffers at the facility were performing CPR. They also had a defibrillator on scene. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple wrote:

Whitey Bulger had friends in high places as well as numerous enemies. His killer could have been paid by any of them. Whitey Bulger had a good friend in the FBI who protected him for years. His brother a heavily connected career politician and Whitey was also a stool pigeon. 

@JaneMarple  You are correct.  The list of sordid relationships is long and his brother even had phone convos with him when in hiding.

What people don't understand is that this is a world with its own rules.   Once in this circle, it is the same as any underworld activity, no matter which one.

Snitches get stitches is a tried and true saying.

You are either a soldier or a leader in their world; you do as ordered.  We can say how horrible, how terrible, all those people he killed or had killed, but it is the way with organized crime.

Karma, a very overused word, has nothing to do with it.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@SweetieSugarPlum wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SweetieSugarPlum wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I am not defending his criminal history, but he was doing his time. No one deserves to be killed in prison. 

I heartily disagree.

@SweetieSugarPlum, so you think that is ethical and moral to kill people ln jail? Because that's what you're saying.

Suzy Q, please don't attempt to put words in mouth; it's an admission you don't have a good argument so you fall back on that tired old cliche.Or would you like me to say about you,

So you're basically saying that you don't believe in punishment fot crime? and that you don't believe that what goes around comes around?

Knock it off.

@SweetieSugarPlum  He was given punishment-a jail sentence.  It is never up to anyone else to enhance that punishment.

Karma is an overused and misunderstood word.

If "what goes around comes around" every person in jail for murder would be killed.

You sorely don't "get" what world Whitey lived in. 

btw:  Telling another poster to "knock it off" is rude-especially from you, a "newbie".

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Contributor

Cakers, so does that mean long-time posters can be rude but newbies can't?

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

I believe that John Connolly, his FBI contact, went to jail for his connection with Bulger. He may even still be in prison.

I read that as of 2018 in Florida his name does not appear as being incarcerated in State Prison.   Where he was sent after time served in Federal prison.  But the thought is he as been under an alias which is usual for a former FBI man. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SweetieSugarPlum wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I am not defending his criminal history, but he was doing his time. No one deserves to be killed in prison. 

I heartily disagree.

@SweetieSugarPlum, so you think that is ethical and moral to kill people ln jail? Because that's what you're saying.

I don’t think it is ethical but I do think justice was served by the judgement of his peers.

Contributor

@dex wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SweetieSugarPlum wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I heartily disagree.

I don’t think it is ethical but I do think justice was served by the judgement of his peers.

I never said it's ethical; that's someome else trying to  put words in my mouth.

Honored Contributor

The NY Post is reporting they have a guy who killed Bulger.  There is a photo on the front page of the NY Post online (he looks mean!)  From a longer article:

Fotios “Freddy” Geas is suspected of rubbing out Bulger, 89, on Tuesday morning — hours after the aging mobster was transferred to Hazelton federal penitentiary in West Virginia.

“He’s a rich man now. He’ll run any prison he’s in,” a law enforcement source told Mass.com Live.

Geas, 51, is serving a life sentence at Hazelton for the 2003 murders of one-time mob boss Adolfo “Big Al” Bruno and associate Gary Westerman.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Am I the only person in the country  who until today NEVER KNEW HE EVEN EXISTED? I watch the news all the time.  Never heard of him!🤔

@SeaMaiden.  He's from the Boston mafia and eluded law enforcement for a time, became an informant and continued with his life of crime along with and FBI agent.