Honored Contributor

Re: White Denim Turned Yellow

I dont think I would use pur bleach on it.  I have had bleach turn pure cotton tops yellow.

I think I would wash it with some type of stain remover and air dry.

Good luck and let us know what happened.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I would use oyclean. Bleach might damage the elastane

Honored Contributor

Most 100% white cotton articles say right on the label not to use chlorine bleach on them.  Even bath towels.

I pay no attention and still bleach white stuff.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wash it in all fabric bleach.  Line dry, do not put it in the dryer.

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Pulled out my GAP white denim jacket which I bought new last year and it has yellowing around the collar and down the arms and parts of the front and back.  Mostly near the seams.  Any suggestions on how to remove it?  I feel like just tossing it.  I'm so irritated.

I would toss it and not waste the time or money.  Or maybe donate it and someone will get and dye it a different color.

I wouldn't donate it.  If you won't wear it in the condition it's in why would you expect someone else to wear it?

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Pulled out my GAP white denim jacket which I bought new last year and it has yellowing around the collar and down the arms and parts of the front and back.  Mostly near the seams.  Any suggestions on how to remove it?  I feel like just tossing it.  I'm so irritated.

I would toss it and not waste the time or money.  Or maybe donate it and someone will get and dye it a different color.

I wouldn't donate it.  If you won't wear it in the condition it's in why would you expect someone else to wear it?

Some people think that "donate" means dump your trash on a charity or thrift shop, burden them with things no one wants.  Our church operated a thrift shop for over 100 years and they had to close it down about 10 years ago because they were swamped with unuseable items that couldn't be sold.  I always ask myself  "is this something I would give to a friend?"   If the answer is "no",  I know I should dispose of it, not donate it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Some people think that "donate" means dump your trash on a charity or thrift shop, burden them with things no one wants.  Our church operated a thrift shop for over 100 years and they had to close it down about 10 years ago because they were swamped with unuseable items that couldn't be sold.  I always ask myself  "is this something I would give to a friend?"   If the answer is "no",  I know I should dispose of it, not donate it.

I thought since it is white demin  someone might  be able to  tie dye it   I don't give my clothes to friends because I don't want to see them wearing them but I've seen clothes I've given on people   I wouldn't waste my time trying to get the yellow out it   Sorry for this post because I can't stand long quotes