Respected Contributor

My nephew teaches at a community college and is teaching his classes online. 

His wife is a nurse and says it's interesting watching him teach!

Kudos to both of them. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Whispers about school

[ Edited ]

I am a speech/language pathologist in the public school system.  I work with preschool students.  My cat has been fascinated when I do teletherapy sessions.  I have incorporated her into many lessons.

@Sushismom wrote:

My nephew teaches at a community college and is teaching his classes online. 

His wife is a nurse and says it's interesting watching him teach!

Kudos to both of them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

The 2 stories circulating in my area (public school/daughter in 8th grade) are:

1. Starting the 2020-2021 school year early

2. Holding back kids/not promoting to next grade.

This has been on the local TV news.  The botton line they say is that they're not leaving anything on the table.  No news if they'll even open for the 2020-2021 school year which is early August for us.  Too much unknown right now.  I can see parents being nervous about sending their kids to a new school year with all this uncertainty of the virus.  

Considering the school year was almost over for every state, after spring break comes standarized state testing. The statment about non promoting sounds like propaganda to scare parents and kids.  It seems now that 80 % of most news is just talking points with no real substance or fact behind it.

Trusted Contributor

The big problem I see for colleges and boarding schools is dorm living.  I don't know how they get around that close contact.  Then there is the dining hall, which could be staggered.  But dorm living, I can't imagine how they solve that.