Respected Contributor

Re: While Getting a Coffee at McDonald's Yesterday....

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Its hard to imagine us boomers, our parents, grandparents ever survived.

It reminds me of an old adage that says, "You have to eat a peck of dirt before you die."  That just about covers all aspects of life on the planet Earth.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SuhseK wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

She's just a know nothing cashier, why would you believe something that doesn't make any sense at all?  Generally, icecream cones have those paper sleeves so that the server doesn't touch the cone.  But in icream shops, the person scooping out the icecream and handing over the cone...always...has gloves on.  I woudn't eat a cone that someone handed to me with their bare hands either.  That hour hand wash thing is something a 3rd grader might say.  What?  People dont pick their noses or go to the bathroom or touch the dirty floor for an hour after washing their hands...LOL   

------
Shes  just a know nothing cashier---WOW

Wise to never say that to a cashier handling your food.  You can get a lot more than you bargained for.  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Gloves.  I believe anyone working with food, should have on gloves. I do think that could have been handled differently.  

Frequent Contributor

I AGREE , THERE HAVE BEEN MANY A TIMES I HAVE STOPPED COMING TO EATING PLACES THAT DO NOT USE GOOD HYGIENE WHEN HANDLING MY FOOD.  I NOTED A SERVER  WHO WAS SCRATCHING  HIS ARM AND HEAD AND THEN WENT AND HANDED MY FOOD TO ME..  IF I SEE A CASHIER TAKE MY MONEY AND THEN HANDLE MY FOOD. I WILL REFUSE TO TAKE MY ORDER.   

Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Not sure about McD's but  ice cream cones are usually served with a paper sleeve' .It could also have been handled with a paper napkin. Problem solved.

I bought one a month ago and this is exactly how mine was handed to me - AND the ice cream machine is in full view so you can see when they get it for you.

Honored Contributor

I have read they rarely clean any of the soft serve machines anywhere, so they are best to avoid them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been in a restaurant where an employee came out of a stall and went back into the kitchen...didn’t wash her hands....disgusting. Unless you are preparing your own food, it’s always a gamble...even in fine restaurants.

Valued Contributor

I'm all for clean and sanitary practices but back when I was growing up nobody wore gloves or anything like that to serve food.  Its a wonder we all survived.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Unless they are going to change gloves after every single task, what's the point of even wearing them...

Think about the dentist...they put the gloves on, put their hands in your mouth, pick up the pen, put their hands back in your mouth, open a drawer, adjust the over head light, etc.

My dentist does not do that.  The assistant hands him the tools, adjusts the light, writes things down etc.

Respected Contributor

@toria wrote:

I'm all for clean and sanitary practices but back when I was growing up nobody wore gloves or anything like that to serve food.  Its a wonder we all survived.

It was the same when I grew up too. No one wore gloves to fix any kind of food. There was a saying in my family - ‘You gotta eat a little dirt before you die.’