Trusted Contributor

Re: While Getting a Coffee at McDonald's Yesterday....

@chrystaltree wrote:

She's just a know nothing cashier, why would you believe something that doesn't make any sense at all?  Generally, icecream cones have those paper sleeves so that the server doesn't touch the cone.  But in icream shops, the person scooping out the icecream and handing over the cone...always...has gloves on.  I woudn't eat a cone that someone handed to me with their bare hands either.  That hour hand wash thing is something a 3rd grader might say.  What?  People dont pick their noses or go to the bathroom or touch the dirty floor for an hour after washing their hands...LOL   

------
Shes  just a know nothing cashier---WOW

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

There are procedures that any business that has food for sale or serves prepared food must follow.  These places are inspected and will do a surprise inspection if there is a complaint.

Some of the rules that I see see broken on a regular basis are food service workers wearing watches or bracelets, not wearing gloves to handle food, not washing hands before putting on clean gloves, not wearing a hat or a hair net...no beard net and having food service employees handle money.

If you handle money and must touch food, you are supposed to wash your hands, then put on gloves.  If you handle money with gloves on, those gloves are contaminated.

The lady who threw the ice cream was dramatic, but she was correct.  The cashier should not have touched the food.  A food server should have handed the ice cream to her while the cashier stepped  aside, or the ice cream cone should have been served with a covering so that the food wasn't touched by human hands. McD was out of compliance in this incidence.

These procedures are mandatory and enforced by a health inspector.  The manager was required to take classes and pass a test and have a document posted to show that.

Hou can see these rules posted on the Dept of Agriculture web site in most states. 

No, the tantrum lady was NOT correct.

Throwing  the ice cream on the ground and squealing out.

Childish and wrong. She created an unsanitary, bug drawing mess that now has to be cleaned up.  

There are adult ways to handle this situation. 

I agree she was not correct in throwing the cone and never meant to Imply what she did was right.

She was correct in telling the cashier that her food was not handled correctly, and it wasn't.

Esteemed Contributor

The few times that I have had their ice cream cones with or without

the sleeve, I still won't eat the bottom of the cone. Just save it for

my dog.

To do something so rude lke that it was littering. No patience or

respect. Good the fool wasted her dollar or whatever it cost her.

We just got a hamburger plain yesterday at Wendy's and brought

it home for my son afterschool. Guess what it had cheese on that

he doesn't like. Just scraped it off.

If I would have been in the restaurant, should I have thrown it 

back at them in their face, just cause I was mad that they made

it wrong? No.

Honored Contributor

I have to admit that I have never once considered the ramifcations of eating an ice cream cone in any or none of its packaging.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I never even thought about that!  

In this incident ... if I had an issue with bare hands .... I'd eat the ice cream and just toss the bottom of the cone.  

Some people are just "germ -a- phobes."

Respected Contributor

yet one more reason I NEVER EVER ATE FAST FOOD or FOOD COURT FOOD.  

Can you say Hep A !?!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

My gut feeling... if we insist on over cleaning everything everytime.. our bodies will react if something is not all that perfect.  In other words we need to expose ourselves to what is mildly out there for our own protection.  Too clean might just be what it is cracked up to be. 

Respected Contributor

If you handle food, you should wear gloves. I was at McDonald's one night and the boy that was fixing food was wearing gloves and texting on his phone. I told the lady that I didn't want him fixing my food without changing his gloves.

I watched him take off his gloves, wash his hands then put new gloves on to do my order. I watched every move he made.

Another man came over to me and said, this happens all the time with the employees texting on their phones. No big deal.

I said it is a big deal and I would be contacting a manager to complain.

That is why I don't go through the drive-thru.

We all take our chances when we eat out. 

Valued Contributor

My coworkers and I take turns going out around 3PM to grab drinks from Sonic, and sometimes coffee or ice cream from McDonalds. I will frequently get a small vanilla cone from McDonalds, and there’s always a paper sleeve on it. I believe the cashier in this case was lying. While I don’t condone the actions of the driver, she was probably very frustrated over having purchased something and not being able to enjoy it. Fast food workers in my area are notoriously lax in their accuracy. I always check my order before driving away, and more than half the time the order is missing something. Sometimes I think they do it on purpose.

Honored Contributor

I think QVC should start selling haz-mat suits.