Regular Contributor

Re: Which steakhouse has better steaks? Prime, for sure. Which has a very upscale environment?

@hennypenny  there is another one in SB that serves 2bone prime ribs....it's an old steakhouse but I can never remember the name!

Honored Contributor

Re: Which steakhouse has better steaks? Prime, for sure. Which has a very upscale environment?

@AFWIFE wrote:

@hennypenny  there is another one in SB that serves 2bone prime ribs....it's an old steakhouse but I can never remember the name!

I haven’t heard of that restaurant so I’m interested, too.  I’ve put Chuck’s of Hawaii on my to-try list🙂

Respected Contributor

@AFWIFE , I think you might be thinking about Holdrens on lower state street. Lucky's in Monecito has good steaks too, but I resent the jacked up prices..

Boy, now I am craving a steak!----The Pass is still closed so will have to stay in town.

Regular Contributor

@hennypenny  It is called the Tee Off.  I was there only once but know a group that goes very often.  It was sooo good!  Yes, suddenly chicken stir fry for supper tonight does not sound nearly as yummy...LOL. 

Respected Contributor

@AFWIFE ---Oh, yes, the tee-off. They are known for their prime rib and steaks.Their prime rib is delicious. Never ordered a steak there. That is sounding really good too. I was going to make stuffed cabbage which, now, sounds so dull.----lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

ruths chris or sullivans if you have to choose from a chain.

we have lots of local EXCELLEN T steak houses that we prefer. have been to a lot of great steak places in vegas also (PRIME, HERITAGE, MON AMI GABI.).

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@AFWIFE :  Is your husband stationed at Vandenburg?  We are retired in Northeastern Arizona but worked the latter part of our careers at China Lake. DHs family lives in Santa Maria and we keep our fifth wheel at Pismo Coast Village.  We are going to Pismo in mid March for a couple of weeks.  We are particularly looking forward to Guiseppes in Pismo Beach.

Honored Contributor

Ruth’s Chris
Esteemed Contributor

Yep Peter Luger in NY and River Palm in NJ.   But S&W is better than the other two, imho 

Esteemed Contributor

@madzonie wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Ruth Chris..best steak ever!!!! But their restaurants here you have to "dress up"....no jeans or casual clothes....so for a more relaxed atmosphere we go to Salt Grass..... Woman Frustrated

Wow!  We went to Ruth's Chris in Scottsdale AZ in very casual clothes...jeans and nice shirts.  Maybe different areas have different standards?

Yes, definitely!  

That's why it's best to focus on a specific area when asking for restaurant recommendations.  Menus vary too, as well as food quality, service, and everything else.