Honored Contributor

Re: Which steakhouse has better steaks? Prime, for sure. Which has a very upscale environment?

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

There's not one. LOL!!! It would be a steak from our own outdoor grill. That's the best steak you are going to get around here.

We can get prime beef from the meat market.

My brother was half owner of Hoffbrau Steak House in Ft. Worth, Tx. They have yummy steaks.

@Nightowlz   No, but the OP offered a choice of three, asking which was the best of them. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Which steakhouse has better steaks? Prime, for sure. Which has a very upscale environment?

[ Edited ]

@madzonie wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Ruth Chris..best steak ever!!!! But their restaurants here you have to "dress up"....no jeans or casual clothes....so for a more relaxed atmosphere we go to Salt Grass..... Woman Frustrated

Wow!  We went to Ruth's Chris in Scottsdale AZ in very casual clothes...jeans and nice shirts.  Maybe different areas have different standards?

@madzonie 

Its even on their website---dress code---Business Casual

I'm surprised because they have a location on the Riverwalk....a big tourist location, when its hot people wear  shorts, jeans, capris with t-shirts, tank tops etc....Maybe its to discourage the casual diner and a subtle hint their restaurant is a bit pricey....

Here's a definition of Business Casual---

Appropriate business casual dress typically includes slacks or khakis,dress shirt or blouse, open-collar or polo shirt, optional tie or seasonal sport coat, a dress or skirt at knee-length or below, a tailored blazer, knit shirt or sweater, and loafers or dress shoes that cover all or most of the foot.

Image result for business casual

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

Beezer2-Have you had Fleming's Eggs Benedict Brunch with filet mignon? I've wanted to go and try it but end up with friends who have a dozen places to go--popular right now with my friends is Broken Egg & their eggs benedict. Broken Egg is new to our town.

Regular Contributor

@patbz My husband retired from Vandenberg and we chose to stay here for now.  Guiseppe's is wonderful Italian food and Pismo is a beautiful area.  You have amazing taste in both food and location.  Heart

Regular Contributor

While driving through Indiana, we came across Mountain Jack.  Wish we lived in that area.  Both food an waitress were WONDERFUL!!!

Honored Contributor

Sullivans in PA, we eat there the day we did the Q tour and Benjamin here in Westchester and NYC.

I do not care for Ruth Chris it is too commerical for my tastes

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@madzonie wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Ruth Chris..best steak ever!!!! But their restaurants here you have to "dress up"....no jeans or casual clothes....so for a more relaxed atmosphere we go to Salt Grass..... Woman Frustrated

Wow!  We went to Ruth's Chris in Scottsdale AZ in very casual clothes...jeans and nice shirts.  Maybe different areas have different standards?

@madzonie  I believe so.  Ruth's Chris in Scottsdale website states this below for their dress code.  Nothing about no jeans, just no sweats, tank tops, etc.

- Business Casual
- Proper Attire Required Please
- Kindly remove your hat when entering the restaurant
- Thank you for not wearing:  Gym wear or sweat pants, tank tops, clothing with offensive graphics or language, or exposed undergarments.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My home.  I have eaten steaks at various restaurants over the years, including Ruth Cris on recommentation, and none can touch the steaks made at home on the Webber.  Usually, the restaurant steaks are not char grilled, and none know how to cook a rare steak and have it warm in the middle, all come to the table cold so have to be sent back, so I never order steak anymore.

I did eat a fantastic steak at a restaurant on vacation years ago, in my state, meat that melted in my mouth.  In fact, the best steaks have been in other states while on vacation.

One time when I sent the steak back, it came back to me steaming, obviously had been put in the microwave and was like shoe leather, so that went back and I ordered a seafood pasta.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

There's not one. LOL!!! It would be a steak from our own outdoor grill. That's the best steak you are going to get around here.

We can get prime beef from the meat market.

My brother was half owner of Hoffbrau Steak House in Ft. Worth, Tx. They have yummy steaks.

@Nightowlz   No, but the OP offered a choice of three, asking which was the best of them. Smiley Happy

@Pearlee 

Well I cannot answer the question since I don't know which one is better. Never heard of any of them much less eat at them. They just don't have a good steak house in our area. They did just open one but have not heard any rave reviews about it. I also heard they are going to put in a Colton's which I have never heard of.

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@madzonie wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@madzonie  I believe so.  Ruth's Chris in Scottsdale website states this below for their dress code.  Nothing about no jeans, just no sweats, tank tops, etc.

- Business Casual
- Proper Attire Required Please
- Kindly remove your hat when entering the restaurant
- Thank you for not wearing:  Gym wear or sweat pants, tank tops, clothing with offensive graphics or language, or exposed undergarments.

I've been to the Scottsdale Ruth's Chris and @madzonie is right. Jean's are perfectly acceptable. In fact, I don't know of a Phoenix area restuarant who would not allow sandals or would require hosiery for women.  The chart provided does not reflect the norm here at all.