Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which is scarier...the Queens-Midtown Tunnel, Holland Tunnel or Lincoln Tunnel

Neither bridges nor tunnels bother me.

No reason for it to.

Honored Contributor

Re: Which is scarier...the Queens-Midtown Tunnel, Holland Tunnel or Lincoln Tunnel

[ Edited ]

@lulu2 wrote:

Tunnels do not bother me. (We take the Lincoln Tunnel frequently....hate the toll booth situation) 

I HATE bridges......the one in Baltimore just about does me in.

OMG - if anyone ever wants you to go to PIttsburgh - DON'T GO.You can't go 3 blocks with out going thru a tunnel or over a bridge. The city is built on 3 rivers surrounded by mountains.

Respected Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

Neither and I have had to walk thru the Lincoln Tunnel due to bad snow storms and no transit. 

Walking through a tunnel doesn't sound bad to me like driving through one oddly enough.  

Honored Contributor

I don't like any of them and the driver better hope we never get stuck for an extended period of time in any of them...they will have to hit me over the head and knock me out until we come through the other side!

Respected Contributor

Drove through them when I was a child in my parents' car.  Don't remember anything that left lifetime scars, or nightmares or even bad dreams.

Honored Contributor

Tunnels don't bother me, bridges do.  When I was a kid we took both from Long Island to Brookly and New Jersey almost every week.  We almost had a bad accident on the bridge one time, so I'm not a fan of them anymore.  If I take a bridge, I prefer to be the driver.  And if there is an option, I take the inside lane and the lower level.

My wallet, on the other hand, gets scared the most.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@truffle- yes in Australia, no problem....I traveled all my professional life to NYC, PATH, Lincoln and Holland Tunnel....also GW bridge no issues except after 9/11 as someone else mentioned.