Honored Contributor

Which do you use more, your air fryer or your Insta Pot?

[ Edited ]

Which do you use more, your air fryer or your Insta Pot? This question is meant for those that have both appliances.

If you bought a 6 Qt. Insta Pot, do you wish you had bought an 8 Qt instead?

Respected Contributor

Re: Which do you use more, your air fryer or your Insta Pot?

[ Edited ]

I have an air fryer and a 6 qt Instant Pot. I can't say which I use the most. I think vegetarians might use the Instant Pot more. The air fryer cooks salmon, steaks and chicken breasts quickly. The Instant Pot makes the best brown rice in 22 minutes. Also chicken for shredding, soups, beans, chiles and steamed vegetables. Many people make yogurt in it but I haven't yet. I am a single person so I have never wished to have an 8 quart. Most recipes are written for 6 qts so you would have to do a bit of math to convert the recipe or find a program that does it for you for an 8 qt. You can make cakes in both appliances.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D   I use the Instant Pot much more frequently--just did for corned beef and all the trimmings on St. Patrick's Day.

The air fryer is packed away after only a very few uses.  It didn't hold enough for me for the. amount of countertop space it took up.  

When I want want to air fry I use the convection feature on my Oster XL French Door Oven which I bought a year or two after the air fryer.   It is used for at least one of its features onnce or twice. a. day.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

Air fryers and pressure cookers serve two entirely different functions.  Your question is like asking, which do you use more your stove or your refrigerator. That's why you're allowed to have both. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't own an air fryer.  Probably the one of the few on this planet.  I fry sometimes, using oil.  I don't cook potato (my husband is borderline diabetic)  and I tend to use rice as starch instead.  I don't have a pressure cooker either.  Don't know how to use one.  I know chefs dislike them.

Honored Contributor

I have both and I use them both, but prob use the airfryer more. I did have a 6 qt InstantPot and bought the little 3qt--is decorated as the Star Wars droid-BB8---last year that is just the right size for 2 of us---sold the 6qt a few weeks ago. My air fryer is also from Instant Pot. 

Honored Contributor

We bought a Philips Air Fryer when they first came out and it was a total waste of money and space.  We use it once in a blue moon.  We just aren't big on fried food.

Instant Pots?  We have a 6 qt and a 3 qt and use them almost daily.  Especially the little one.  We cook a lot of soups, frozen chicken breasts, and steamed hard boiled eggs.  

Honored Contributor

I use the Instant Pot more, but my husband and daughters use the air fryer nearly every day, so both are used often.   

Honored Contributor

Air fryer. I relegated my IP to the basement. 

Super Contributor

I have the Ninja Foodie 6 qt.  It has the air fryer lid and is also similar to an instapot.  I did buy a separate lid for slow cooking. 

I can pressure cook a 5lb chicken in 45 minutes, open the lid, oil, salt and pepper the skin, and air fry until the skin is crisp.  I have a moist meat crisp skinned meal.  It is fantastic! 

Although the 6 qt. is adequate, I wish I had the 8 qt. as it is always easier to cook less but one cannot increase the size.  

It does take up counter space, but so worth it.

Good luck,