Honored Contributor

Re: Which Taste Do You Like Best? Chocolate Lovers Only:)

@Pqfan wrote:

I have been living under a rock!

I never had this!

Sounds so good!

Where do I get this?????

@Pqfan

If you are looking for the Katherine Hepburn brownie recipe, here it is from a post I wrote a few months ago:

Here's that Katherine Hepburn brownie recipe as I copied it from a Ladies' Home Journal 1981 issue (although many internet articles say 1975).

Hepburn's Brownies:

Melt 2 squares unsweetened chocolate with 1/4 lb sweet [unsalted] butter (1 stick) in a heavy saucepan.

Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup sugar.  Add 2 eggs and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and beat like mad.

Stir in 1/4 cup flour and 1 cup of chopped walnuts.

Pour into buttered 8 inch tin and bake at 325 for 40 minutes.  Don't overbake.

(This is how the recipe appeared; in her words, including "tin" and "beat like mad."  It gives added charm, I think, to the whole endeavor.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

I have been living under a rock!

I never had this!

Sounds so good!

Where do I get this?????

@Pqfan

If you are looking for the Katherine Hepburn brownie recipe, here it is from a post I wrote a few months ago:

Here's that Katherine Hepburn brownie recipe as I copied it from a Ladies' Home Journal 1981 issue (although many internet articles say 1975).

Hepburn's Brownies:

Melt 2 squares unsweetened chocolate with 1/4 lb sweet [unsalted] butter (1 stick) in a heavy saucepan.

Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup sugar.  Add 2 eggs and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and beat like mad.

Stir in 1/4 cup flour and 1 cup of chopped walnuts.

Pour into buttered 8 inch tin and bake at 325 for 40 minutes.  Don't overbake.

(This is how the recipe appeared; in her words, including "tin" and "beat like mad."  It gives added charm, I think, to the whole endeavor.)

Mmm! Thanks Homegirl! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll eat a brownie over a piece of cake any day. I prefer brownies with walnuts & no icing. I like to add some espresso powder to different chocolate goodies including hot chocolate. Cake generally has too much icing & I have to scrape some off.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

It would have to be brownie.  I love the Katherine Hepburn recipe. (It's authentic if the instructions include "beat like mad.")

I can eat brownies without frosting but not most cake.  Most cake seems to need frosting.  I think that makes brownies more "edible." 

Katherine Hepburn brownies:

Now that's my kind of brownie. LOL!!! Thx for sharing the recipe.

Honored Contributor

The last one I baked had toll house cookies and oreos baked inside.

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar

Ingredients:

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
1 pkg Double Stuffed Oreos
1 Family Size (9×13) Brownie mix
1/4 cup hot fudge topping

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil and coat generously with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Cream the butter and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well to thoroughly combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, then slowly incorporate into the mixer until the flour is just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of the prepared dish. Top with a layer of Oreos.
  3. Mix together brownie mix, adding an optional 1/4 cup of hot fudge topping to the mix. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 15-25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting — brownies may still be gooey in the middle when still warm, but will set up perfectly once cooled. Enjoy!!

To half this recipe for an 8×8 brownie mix, simply half the chocolate chip cookie dough ingredients. 

From Kevin & Amanda web sit.  Tried again with Nutter Butter cookies and a peanut butter brownie receipe.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

chickenbutt wrote:

Must one choose?  Smiley Sad

This is just mean.  Smiley Wink

I like the density of the brownie, but I may prefer the lighter texture of a cake.   No!  I cannot choose.     I have to admit that I've not had either in many a year but they each appeal to me in different ways and to no lesser degree than the other.

@chickenbuttYou are just TOO funny!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hands up....uh...around the.......BROWNIE!!! I only need one bite..then I'm good.....really....DS loves with vanilla ice cream on top.....salivating right now.....oh and with a glass of red wine.....Malbec.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

ECBG wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

Must one choose?  Smiley Sad

This is just mean.  Smiley Wink

I like the density of the brownie, but I may prefer the lighter texture of a cake.   No!  I cannot choose.     I have to admit that I've not had either in many a year but they each appeal to me in different ways and to no lesser degree than the other.

@chickenbuttYou are just TOO funny!

Thank You, Dahling!  Smiley Happy   If I can make one person smile I'm a happy little chicken.  

But seriously - to have to choose???   hehe   No es bueno.

Respected Contributor

It's not about the taste of the chocolate, it's about the texture.  I'd go for a fudgy brownie.

Respected Contributor

Weight Watchers Brownies LOL Smiley LOL