Honored Contributor

Re: Which State would you Like to Visit that you've Never Been to Before?

On 7/28/2014 Jules5280 said:
On 7/28/2014 september said:

Colorado. My son has been living there for almost a year, and I really need to get there soon.

In addition to the fact that he and his wife live there, it's a beautiful state, and I like the outdoor lifestyle.

I grew up in Colorado, and yes you do need to see it soon September!!! It's such a gorgeous place with so much scenery... the foothills and mountains, but even in the central part there are parks and trails. If you even enjoy the outdoors a little bit, you will be in awe of the beauty. There is no bad time to visit Colorado... the spring is gorgeous, the summer is fantastic, the autumn leaves in fall are a must see.... when you see entire mountains covered in gold shimmering Aspen leaves, it sort of takes your breath away. Of course the winter is great too, although the snow can be a pain, but the sun comes out and melts it off quickly. There are even some sand dunes in Colorado that most people don't know about. That is a fantastic place to visit.

As for me... I've been fortunate to travel and see many states, but still have so many to see. I've never been to Hawaii or Alaska, so those would be on my list. I would also like to see Washington state and Oregon, never been there. We have such a vast and beautiful country, and while I've been "through" many states, there are so many parts I've never seen. I would love to spend more time viewing the east coast, and also the southern states... I've seen plenty of the midwest.

Jules ... Hello there friend; so good to see you here. I hope you and Mia are having a wonderful summer.

DH has a cousin who lives in Oregon and we were there several years ago. I loved it -- it has the seashore, the mountains and the desert. So just add that to your bucket list. It is such a beautiful state. I just wish it wasn't so far away -- we live in central PA. If you ever get to the northeast, stop in and we'll go for lunch or dinner ... or why not both. We'd have a great time I'm sure.

We've never been to Colorado but that would be another state to add to our wish list; also Montana and Wyoming. We have friends who just returned from Montana. Their daughter is a zoologist and travels the country for her job with Clyde Peeling (seasoned zoologist and owner/operator of Reptiland) and she is on assignment in Montana for several months. Clyde Peeling's Reptiland is located in central PA.

Have you heard from Mistri Squirrel? I have not seen her post in a long time but hope she is doing well. I miss reading her posts and hope she has been able to resolve some issues with her family.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Euphoria

Respected Contributor

Alaska and Montana. And the new England states in the fall.

Valued Contributor

Would love to see New Hampshire someday.

Honored Contributor

Actually none of them; I have absolutely no interest in travelling.

Super Contributor

I need to go to Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and Washington. I may not come back from Montana, might have to stay awhile.

Honored Contributor

Louisiana.
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Super Contributor

Hawaii. It's on my bucket list.

Esteemed Contributor

I would like to go to Alaska, Wyoming, North Dakota and South Dakota. I would love to get a really big RV with all the amenities and travel to each of these states that way. I think it would be really fun.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I'd like to visit Napa Valley in CA and San Francisco. I'd like to visit all of the Western states; each and every one of them. I really really want to go back to Hawaii; I was there 20 years ago but we only did one island, Oahu. I would like to go back and spend time on the oher islands too. I think Hawaii was my absolute, hands down, best vacation ever. Two weeks of heaven. It's funny. My husband and I said we were going back the next year, without the girls. But life got in the way and we never did go back. Maybe next year.....