Honored Contributor

Which Model iPhone do you have? How's the battery life on it? Do you like it?

[ Edited ]

Which Model iPhone do you have? How's the battery life on it? Do you like it?
Im looking at new iPhones and older models going beck to the 11. Husband has a 7 Plus. Probably ready for an upgrade. Reviews of 13 and 13 Pro have a lot of people complaint about phones heating up or bad battery life.

What do you have, especially if you bought a newer iPhone? Any problems?

Did you get a deal from a carrier? Any info would be helpful, including trade in info and deal for two phones. Feelings about the carrier is also appreciated.

PLEASE, NO FEEDBACK ABOUT SAMSUNG PHONES IS NEEDED IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.🤗🤗🤗

Honored Contributor

Re: Which Model iPhone do you have? How's the battery life on it? Do you like it?

[ Edited ]

I have an iPhone 11.  Battery lasts me several days before recharging and it doesn't heat up. Great phone.

oh, and I went to the Apple store to buy mine.  AT&T is my carrier, but I always buy Apple stuff directly from Apple.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

Re: Which Model iPhone do you have? How's the battery life on it? Do you like it?

I have an 8 and I normally charge it at least once during the day.  I will be upgrading shortly but it really doesn't matter what model you have.  If you have location Location Services turned on, that is a major battery drain. 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D  I upgraded from a 6S Plus to a Pro 11 which is the big one. LOVE IT.  The battery is fine.  I've had mine since about 6 mos after the 11 was introduced.

My husband has the 12 and says his battery is fine as well.  He upgraded from the 6.  The battery life on the 6 series was horrible after all these years and updates. 

They say the battery on the 13 is even better than the 11/12,  but not sure the difference in the price for you on all 3.   

Respected Contributor

I still have my 7. In fact , I just got shipped a new replacement 7 cause my old 7 died. ( insurance covered price) . I will be getting a I- Phone 11 or 13 in a few months probably. Battery life on my 7 is not good. Lol.
Honored Contributor

@KKlim I love my iPhone 7 also! I'm holding out for the iPhone 14 after it's been out for awhile.  Not sure when it will become available.

Trusted Contributor

Very satisfied with my iPhone 13. I use it several hours a day for talk, text, email, browsing. It dies not heat up or have any problems  in site of many hours of use. The battery holds up very well, though I do put it on a charging "mat"'every night. It charges very quickly. It has no problems or flaws at all. 

I traded up to a 13 from an iPhone XR.  The XR was terrific and reliable. Very long battery life.

I still recommend the iPhone 13 as the best quality phone I've owned. I did not get the largest size "Max" or the "Pro".  The more standard size suits me just fine. I have AT&T as my cell provider, if it makes any difference to your inquiry. 

I suggest you buy a model as high up (recent) as the 13 because Apple will be bringing out a brand new operating system (iOS) in just a few months. More features, different offerings for apps. Older model phones may not be included in the iOS updates. That will mean some apps may not remain useful. If you get very little use of the phone for apps and extra features, it might not matter. But if you are an avid iPhone user because of its versatility, then staying too far behind in models will become frustrating.  I think you can safely opt for a 12 or 13, but an X or 11 would be short sighted if you intend to hold it for more than 2-3 years. 

Honored Contributor

I've had iPhones for years, presently the largest "8" and looking to make a change, but now I think I'll wait for the 14 OR- I may buy an iPad Mini to stick into my purse and use as a phone.

I REALLY DISLIKE my iPhone because even as the biggest  iPhone, it's hard for me to read and use UNLESS I pull out my glasses, and who wants to do that?

No problems ever with batteries or overheating in any of the iPhones I've had and I DO love the cameras!

Honored Contributor

I have a 7 that needs replacing. Doesn't hold a charge well, gets hot sometimes, does weird things that older phones do. What's holding me up?  I like the button at the below the screen. The new ones swipe on. I'm a button girl. 

Esteemed Contributor

My 13 pro max (the largest one) is 2 weeks old today and I'm still getting used to the new bells a whistles.  Doesn't get hot and battery life is great.  Of course battery life depends on usage.  I use it for text, talk, email (hence the largest screen), bill paying. food ordering, apps and most everything.  Screen is bright and text easy to read.  Very happy with it.