Honored Contributor

Re: Which Model iPhone do you have? How's the battery life on it? Do you like it?

@violann wrote:

I REALLY DISLIKE my iPhone because even as the biggest  iPhone, it's hard for me to read and use UNLESS I pull out my glasses, and who wants to do that?

@violannMy brother has an iPhone.  He is on his 2nd one.  Before he leaves the Apple Store w/his phone, he makes sure the sales person "increases" the fonts to HIS specifications.  He wears glasses also.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Re: Which Model iPhone do you have? How's the battery life on it? Do you like it?

I have had the 13 pro for 5 months.  I went from the 6s to the 13 pro.  
I use it all day for my work, talking
 and texting. I drive a lot and often listen to music or talk on utube in between.  So basially I'm on it all day.  So far I only charge it when I get home around 7 pm.  The battery last all day and no problems with over heating.  The 13 pro is the same as pro max as far as camera etc but it's not the big size. 

Super Contributor

@Mindy D  I bought the IPhone XR 2 years ago. It was $400 and I'm happy with it. As far as the battery losing it's charge, it depends how much I'm on it.

Esteemed Contributor

You should check out several youtubers who have very large followings and who review these phones and other techie stuff on a regular basis.  You might even stumble upon one or two videos that compare all models and generations of the Iphone.  Be advised, however that they review a lot more than Apple products.

Personally, I have only owned one Iphone and I still have it.  I have the Second edition Iphone SE.  There is now a third Edition of this smaller phone.  Battery life on mine is not that bad, but I'm not a heavy user of that phone and it's a secondary to an Android that I use much more regularly. I just have two phones with 2 numbers.

The idea  behind the Iphone is to keep the one you have no more than two years after Apple stops updating the OS.  I believe one can find how long each generation is supported if you conduct a search on the internet.  Apple will update OS and other periodic updates to Iphones for about five years (double check this).  After Apple stops sending updates your phone is likely to become much more outdated, slow and vulnerable to use if you use it to purchase things, keep photos and do other things with it.  Many people use their phones for EVERYTHING.  I don't.  Talk, text, Siri once in a while.  Phones are built with planned obselence. 

Check out these techie folk on youtube:

Marques Brownlee

Mr. WhosetheBoss

Flossy Carter (keeps it real with his reviews and will say what he likes and doesn't about new drops).  I don't think he's sponsored but I could be wrong.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I bought the 11 iphone  last year---battery life is fine, I charge it every night. I don't have alot of extra  apps on it--a few games---and then what apps  came with it. I don't use my phone like it is my lifeline to my world---if I lost it, it wouldn't put me into a tailspin-----but DD is the opposite Woman Embarassed I do use it as my home phone, so maybe I would be a little peeved if I lost it!!  I pay $45/mo from Xfinity--by adding that I got a deal on my cable/wifi. this is my first Apple phone and have to say--I will not buy another brand--have had a few different brands in the last 20 years--Apple is the best, IMO ! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just purchased an Apple IPhone 13 Pro. I had an iPhone 7 for about five years, and the battery was awful! I couldn't even make a phone call, or check my emails, the battery would go down to nothing instantly. Of course Apple is going to say because of all the updates, and it being an old phone, blah, blah, blah. After a while, the batteries just don't last. I don't know if it's a problem with Samsung's or Motorola's, but I know that the Apple phone batteries are good for about two years. So far I like this phone a lot. The camera is amazing. I purchased it from Apple online. My husband and I spent an hour in the Apple store, only to find that they had none in stock. It would've been good if they told us as soon as I told them what I wanted. Ugh, the Apple store was overwhelmed with customers and little help. Verizon is my carrier, so far, so good. I highly recommend the 13 pro. I did not want to wait for the 14, because of the high price when it comes out, plus it will have many more bells and whistle's that I just won't use.

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I think one of the best things you can do to keep your battery from draining is to close off all apps that you don't use constantly. Not using Bluetooth, turn it off. Not using wi-fi, turn it off. Same with maps, and all those apps you only use occasionally. See if it doesn't make a difference.

Not using Wi-Fi? No, I wouldn't recommend that. Then it comes a few minutes. Use the Wi-Fi.

Respected Contributor

I have the 12 Pro Max. Battery life is good, but as others have said it depends on how much you use it and what you use it for. I put my phone on the wireless charger every night ( I don't have to, but just do it before going to bed). I am with Verizon. My son has the 11 and his battery constantly needs charging, but he's 13 yrs old and uses his phone all day, mainly to watch YT videos. I'm going to upgrade us both to the 14 when it comes out this fall. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I think one of the best things you can do to keep your battery from draining is to close off all apps that you don't use constantly. Not using Bluetooth, turn it off. Not using wi-fi, turn it off. Same with maps, and all those apps you only use occasionally. See if it doesn't make a difference.

Updates from your Carrier are typically installed on IOS over wifi.  I'm not sure there's a way around that.  But the phone typically let's you know when there updates and they will pause an update until your phone's wifi is turned on.  This is especially true for a large update like the Operating System upgrade.  But otherwise, yeah I keep mine off too.

Esteemed Contributor

Everyone should know the life span of a rechargeable lithion ion battery in their phones.  It's only gonna last but so long.  Planned obselesence.  In other words it's built on the fact that it will become obsolete sooner than not.

6 or 7 years of recharging the same battery is going to degrade it.  This is common sense.  

I remember when Samsung went with those enclosed batteries after the Galaxy S4.  After that they started doing like Apple.  No phones have removal and replaceable batteries that you can do on your own anymore.

Plan on buying an Iphone every 5-7 years.