Esteemed Contributor

Where your FEDEX pkg might be...

[ Edited ]

LACKAWANNOCK TWP., Pa. (WKBN) – On Saturday at approximately 2:30 p.m., a man in a FedEx uniform was seen throwing packages from a Penske truck into a ditch along Horvath Rd. in Lackawannock Township in Mercer County, according to a report.

When confronted by a witness, the driver said he would pick up the packages, but then drove off without them, a report said.

The FedEx packages were recovered, handed over to Pennsylvania State Police Mercer and have been returned to FedEx for delivery.

According to a report, canned tracking numbers associated with the packages showed that the driver had marked that the packages had been delivered to customers’ porches before he discarded them along the roadway.

The truck driver has been identified as a contracted FedEx driver. Charges are pending a final tally on the value of all the packages.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where you FEDEX pkg might be...

Wow, I wonder if the "ditched" parcels were guaranteed for Christmas delivery?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

SAD -  sadder still, there's someone like him working for UPS, working for the USPS, and any other delivery service you know.  It's certainly not the first or the last time we're going to read about mail/packages being dumped.  But dumping packages at this time of year feels especially egregious.

Esteemed Contributor

WOW! This story really strikes a nerve! Unfortunately, rogue contracted drivers and their delivery antics are not unique. You just never know...

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Re: Where your FEDEX pkg might be...

WOW,is right!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Wow, I wonder if the "ditched" parcels were guaranteed for Christmas delivery?

Hopefully, they aren't stuck in evidence forever.

I'm so glad this driver was caught and something is being done about it.   This is so shameful.  

Esteemed Contributor

What a selfish b@$t@*!.

Another reason to shop online as early (and often) as possible.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

Excellent observation! I hadn't thought of that, but it certainly is plausible. That makes it even more frustrating.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I have a memory the size of a fruit fly, but I wonder if this is why Amazon stopped using them...?  Wasn't there something about it?

I think it's a case of where (like so often happens) one or a few people give bad names to those who otherwise take care and pride in their job.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma  I hope it's OK, I sent your post to my daughter.

She's been expecting some packages for some time now.  I hope her's weren't in that group!

Funny....not funny?!?!