Respected Contributor

Re: Where your FEDEX pkg might be...

Downright shameful.

Honored Contributor

I betcha he dumped them with plan of returning later, gathering them up, opening them at home and either keeping the "good stuff" for him and whomever and selling the rest on ebay or to whomever. 

Not uncommon from what I've been told by those who work for other companies.

Honored Contributor

WOW!!!  Did this guy just mentally "snap" due to long hours and pressure by the company to deliever.....OR....was he just mean and evil and wanted to ruin people's Christmases?????  OR planned to come back or retreive them for re-sale?????????????????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

WOW!!!  Did this guy just mentally "snap" due to long hours and pressure by the company to deliever.....OR....was he just mean and evil and wanted to ruin people's Christmases?????  OR planned to come back or retreive them for re-sale?????????????????

The vibe I feel is that it is somewhere between too lazy to want to do the job properly and wanting to steal a bunch of stuff, figuring at least some of it will be good stuff.

Dumping it like that was pretty stupid, especially with other people right there.  It's not like nobody would find it in a ditch, so he must have been planning to return to pick them up.  Plus, (duh you idiot driver!) if somebody found them and reported it, it will be known who the driver was who scanned them as delivered.  

Esteemed Contributor

My guess is someone else was going to pick them up. It says they were marked as delivered. 

Esteemed Contributor

About thirty years ago, my former SIL shower m e a box of sample bottles of shampoo that her postal carrier have her.  I'm sure he was just lazy and didn't want and I deliver them.

Honored Contributor

One of the MANY reasons my shopping for this time of year, is all done by Nov 1st. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma 

While I don't think my stuff was in this truck, I've had more Fed Ex packages not delivered this year than ever.

A large order from Boscov's was "on the truck" Dec. 12 , and I'm still waiting.

Same thing from Walmart.  Tracking showed "on the truck" December 12, and I just got it yesterday.....at 6:30 a.m. in the morning.

I saw lights in our driveway (we are back in the woods) and was ready to call the police.  Then I saw it was Fed Ex.

Respected Contributor

UPS worker was arrested while on her delivery route in Piedmont after she was seen on surveillance video forging a recipient's signature and stealing the contents from their package, authorities said. 

The package theft was captured on surveillance video. The resident at the home told police, they ordered an Apple iPad through Amazon. The package was scheduled to be delivered by UPS and signed for. Within three minutes of the delivery, the victim went outside to get the package and found that it was empty. 

They reviewed their home surveillance video and witnessed the UPS driver's aide, wearing a reflective yellow vest, deliver the package, sign for it, and then remove the contents, police said. 

"UPS hires aides to increase the efficiency of their package delivery, so there's a driver on the truck and then there's an aide with them and that aide is a seasonal worker for this high-volume time for UPS," said a Capt.with Piedmont Police Department.