Honored Contributor

Re: Where will I encounter the covid 19 virus if I am outside...no link just pointing the way

[ Edited ]

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Gotta love it - no mansplaining allowed - just go with Fauci's millions will die, no 200,000, no 60,000 - gee I don't have any idea, but it's way too soon to go back to work.

Hold up @Isobel Archer . Fauci clearly stated those stats if WE DID NOT CLOSE BUSINESSES AND DO SOCIAL DISTANCING. Because of following his guidelines we are not looking at 200 thousand deaths.

No actually the 200,000 was predicted after we shutdown.

And as to his "advice" you might want to check his saying in Jan and Feb that the virus was not really a problem - and in March -  he said it was fine to take cruises.

At the beginning of March, Dr. Fauci was recommending that no one cruise.  There was a lot of pushback on that.  On March 9th, when people were up in arms about the no cruising recommendation, Dr. Fauci said if you are in good health, go ahead and cruise, although it's not something he would do.  On March 13th, all cruises were halted.  

However, no doubt there were continuing issues with the cruise ships still out at sea.  Passengers continued to be allowed to disembark and get on planes to fly home. Many of those passengers were ill, some had been tested but results hadn't been rec'd.  I'm not sure who was allowing that to happen.