Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where will I encounter the covid 19 virus if I am outside...no link just pointing the way

@gardenman  Thank you for a refreshing dose of common sense. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: Where will I encounter the covid 19 virus if I am outside...no link just pointing the way

I am not going to argue with you or anyone else. You must do as you see fit ,and so will I @willdob3 

Valued Contributor

@gardenman thank you for your post. Our Governor (DeWine-Ohio) is promising to start slowly opening things up beginning May 1, but when this news is posted there are so many people who overreact. Some want to wait longer but I feel like we have to start getting the economy moving. The company I work for has had 2 waves of lay offs, the most recent on Friday. We cannot hide in our houses until they develop a vaccine. JMO

Honored Contributor

If everyone stays isolated from others in their home indefinitely, one doctor says no immunity will ever be accomplished for the general public.
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
If everyone stays isolated from others in their home indefinitely, one doctor says no immunity will ever be accomplished for the general public.

@lovesrecess That is what I have been thinking.  With all the disinfecting and antibacterial soaps and distancing we will never build up immunity.

Respected Contributor

I will not be changing my own protocols until after the "National Trials"  are WELL underway.  The EXPECTATION as stated by the experts is another increase in positives. 

Trusted Contributor

I live in a mid size county, about 520,000 people. We currently have 282 confirmed cases, of Covid-19, and there have been 17 deaths. 

While there, almost certainly, have been, and probably are, unconfirmed cases, our infection rate is clearly, way below 1%.  

I'm in Washington State, and I think we've had an early and strong response, to the virus 🦠 but, this seems to be a strange bug. It appears it is not as infectious as originally feared.  You See reports of one or two people, in a household getting infected, the others not. I've read stories of elderly people, with underlying conditions, recovering well, and younger, healthy people, battling for their lives. 

A lot to learn about this 🦠 

Trusted Contributor

The thing about building up immunity is people will have to die. This is a virus and it will mutate. Just like the flu, the vaccine will have to be updated every year. Considering how deadly this specific virus is and how fast it kills those who have underlying health issues, this is not going to be easy in any way.

I have managed to avoid getting the flu for decades despsite not getting a flu shot. I am hoping that the actions I take as part of my daily health routine (as I have many of the risks causing COVID19 to kill) will keep me safe. No one else in my family has these risks so, they're worried for me as well (especially my children). 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

Very informative @cherry It made me feel better. I am following all of the guidelines, and since I take a walk everyday this information based in science gives me peace of mind.

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

My comment is not about the article or anyone comment.

@lovesrecess 

your post made me smile, it reminded me of what my Grannie used to say. She would tell us to go outside and play and to get dirty because then we would grow up to be healthy.