Respected Contributor

Re: Where to sell gift card

[ Edited ]

@wildlifewitch Thank you for all the details. I just looked up the Cardpool one and I would get $191.25. I will go check the reviews. They send a check or you can get an Amazon gift card also.

@Carmie Thanks about the Gift Card Granny site review also.

Valued Contributor

It could always be used to purchase gifts for others as birthday, graduation, etc. gifts in the future as those occasions come along.

Super Contributor

I'm still trying to figure out how you can't find a single thing to buy at Bean, hahaha.  

Respected Contributor

@ChillyTulip My husband and I are both retired and I need to clean all my extra clothes out not bring more in.

I actually asked my kids and some friends about getting them something. They didn’t want anything. They all said it was very expensive also. Even the sale items.

I would rather get the cash and then I can get some food for our local food pantry with part of it. I try and help friends that are having hard times. When you have enough it is sad to see others struggle. My Mom raised foster children when I was growing up and I saw how lucky we were seeing what they went through. My husband and I took foster children when we got married also.

Sorry I got off subject.

Respected Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

@ChillyTulip My husband and I are both retired and I need to clean all my extra clothes out not bring more in.

I actually asked my kids and some friends about getting them something. They didn’t want anything. They all said it was very expensive also. Even the sale items.

I would rather get the cash and then I can get some food for our local food pantry with part of it. I try and help friends that are having hard times. When you have enough it is sad to see others struggle. My Mom raised foster children when I was growing up and I saw how lucky we were seeing what they went through. My husband and I took foster children when we got married also.

Sorry I got off subject.

—————————————————

Perhaps you could see if a local organization could use the card to help families in need. You can tell that some of us want the full value of that card used, lol.

Honored Contributor
LLBean is a great company; they even sell gifts you may be able to buy for next Christmas; I would have a hard time letting a generous gift card from them go to waste...or even giving away half of it to a pawn shop! LLB has some great furniture and rugs also.
Frequent Contributor

Target will buy gift cards.  You go to where they sell electronics and they will give you a target gift card for your LL Bean one.  I don't know how much they deduct but it is better than nothing.

Frequent Contributor

ebay 

Valued Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@MKR14I'd take the pawn shop offer and never give it another thought.  You just made $125.

There are sites that will offer much more. Do some investigating. Maybe call the pawn shop offer “Plan B.”

Honored Contributor

I think Walmart buys them though I'm not certain of it.