Respected Contributor

Re: Where's your favorite quiet place, to think, meditate, pray, plan, whatever.

Down the shore in NJ;  Avalon, or LBI are my home base in my mind. and those places soothe my soul.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where's your favorite quiet place, to think, meditate, pray, plan, whatever.

Bedroom with recliner that looks out over large window to backyard that flows into commons area view. All the conveniences I want and down the hall from the kitchen and laundry room. Gray/green walls with furniture, lamps and bedding I like.

I'm walking / biking distance to two parks and a wooded walking trail.  

Love driving, listening to audio books or music. 

I rarely meet a vacation spot I don't like. Enjoy visits to varied lovely locations. I find serenity in nature.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

My beautiful backyard with my two golden retrievers goofing off. Love every minute with them!🙂
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my younger years, it was sitting on a beach and listening to the waves coming in or going out. I could sit there for hours - such a calming effect. Now, it's relaxing on my patio in the spring, summer and fall. Just enjoying the deer and birds at the feeders calms me and gives me a sense of tranquility. 

Respected Contributor

Dock, deck, porch for about eight months of the year. Loft overlooking LR and lake in hot ir cold weather.

Honored Contributor

Any place I can find some peace and quiet, sometimes it takes getting in the shower. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KaySD  Thanks. Many of the newer homes have eliminated formal living rooms. They have open floor plans and a dining table is often placed in the kitchen/great room area so formal dining rooms are also becoming a thing of the past. If a house is being purchased that has a designated dining room, often it's used as an office or study. 

When we designed/built our house over 20 yrs. ago, people entertained in a more formal way. Our dining room only gets used 2 or 3 times a year and is also wasted space. The table seats 12 and except for Thanksgiving and a seldom family meal when my DD comes from WA, it stays empty. I may sell the the outdated matching table, chairs and china cabinet and move DH's study down to that room.

Honored Contributor

Every morning at 5:00 am with a cup of coffee in my bad relaxing.  Very peaceful before the day begins.

Esteemed Contributor

Like so many others, I find peace and calm from enjoying nature.  We are so lucky to have nature surrounding our home.  I am presently creating my own “Snuggery” in a spare bedroom.  Nothing fancy, just some bookcases for some of my favorite books, a little comfy rocker, family pictures on shelves, etc.  It’s a small room, just repainted, and a new little rug.  I will be hanging an impressionist poster on the wall, a nature scene.  Can’t attend church due to the virus, but my art books and picture books of beautiful places ground me.