Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 35,499
Registered: ‎06-11-2011
@Kachina624. Your posts on this thread are NOT kind. And you know it.

BTW I'm really tired of people in these forums telling other people what they should or shouldn't be worried about. Your standards aren't everyone else's.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,287
Registered: ‎09-18-2010

 


@LipstickDiva wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Does not sound like something to worry about....

 

...I am more concerned with 200,000 deaths prediction. 


@SeaMaiden, I can multi-task and worry about more than one thing.  And this isn't just as simple as being about hamburger meat.  There are a lot of restaurants/eateries that serve burgers as their main food choice.  


What I worry though, is that first it is the beef industry, how do we know next it won't be the poultry industry? And what will come after that, if anything? 

I have started trying to order dried beans with every grocery order. Sometimes they are unavailable though. 

 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,576
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Where’s the beef?

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

So order a chicken sandwich or salad.


@Kachina624 

Why so nasty?


@itsmetoo    Get real.  We have  SERIOUS issues in this country.  Why so petty?


Some more serious and less fixable than Covid-19, unemployment, bankruptcy and closed businesses.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Are you setting an example or being an example?
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,530
Registered: ‎09-01-2010

A beef shortage certainly catches my attention!   Food allergies have made my life miserable at times, but a simple hamburger is always my reliable, problem free go to food.  I absolutely crave them at times.   

 

I haven't heard of any local shortages yet, but do know the restaraunts that are open have reduced hours; Hardee’s closes at 2 p.m., Bojangles closes at 7 p.m., and Wendy’s closes at 9 p.m.   

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,727
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

 

Hi there @Mindy D 

 

The store where we do most of our shopping, now is limiting all meat products.  Me? Been decades for me without it.

 

 

 

hckynut 🏒

Honored Contributor
Posts: 50,913
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Where’s the beef?

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

So order a chicken sandwich or salad.


@Kachina624 

Why so nasty?


@itsmetoo    Get real.  We have  SERIOUS issues in this country.  Why so petty?


I don't think there's anyone out here who isn't aware of the serious issues in this country... Among them are businesses being able to sustain themselves, people getting enough to eat and people seeing a little bit of joy amongst all the horse manure we're having to endure... For some, that translates into eating the occaisonal fast food hamburger... People also want to see light at the end of the tunnel and so far, all we're seeing is a freaking endless tunnel... So yes, the availability (or lack thereof) of a hamburger at a hamburger joint means so much more than just a hamburger... And that isn't being petty... Now, can I get you fries with that...?

 

Smiley Wink


@stevieb    IMO very petty.  Like a spoiled child used to getting it's own way.  So if Wendy's doesn't have what you want, go to McDonald's, buy a jar of peanut butter or do without if you're too elite to eat an alternative.

 

Furthermore anyone who'd call the suggestion of an alternative "nasty" has a severe problem.  @itsmetoo .

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,067
Registered: ‎05-15-2010

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Does not sound like something to worry about....

 

...I am more concerned with 200,000 deaths prediction. 


@SeaMaiden    Exactly!  We are over-priviledged and spoiled as is evidenced by the behavior of the general public.  Imagine being upset because a hamburger could be immediately delivered on demand.  That's childish.


@Kachina624 I'm sorry the general public is letting you down during the pandemic.  They tend to do that, lol.  But you're exaggerating.  Nobody on this thread is demanding immediate delivery of a hamburger.  Wendy's situation with meat is interesting in light of the current situation.  

 

Stop reading the thread.  It's better than what you're doing right now.  Just a suggestion.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 60,946
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Where’s the beef?

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

So order a chicken sandwich or salad.


@Kachina624 

Why so nasty?


@itsmetoo    Get real.  We have  SERIOUS issues in this country.  Why so petty?


I don't think there's anyone out here who isn't aware of the serious issues in this country... Among them are businesses being able to sustain themselves, people getting enough to eat and people seeing a little bit of joy amongst all the horse manure we're having to endure... For some, that translates into eating the occaisonal fast food hamburger... People also want to see light at the end of the tunnel and so far, all we're seeing is a freaking endless tunnel... So yes, the availability (or lack thereof) of a hamburger at a hamburger joint means so much more than just a hamburger... And that isn't being petty... Now, can I get you fries with that...?

 

Smiley Wink


@stevieb    IMO very petty.  Like a spoiled child used to getting it's own way.  So if Wendy's doesn't have what you want, go to McDonald's, buy a jar of peanut butter or do without if you're too elite to eat an alternative.

 

Furthermore anyone who'd call the suggestion of an alternative "nasty" has a severe problem.  @itsmetoo .


@Kachina624  We'll agree to disagree on this one... To me, minor perhaps but not petty, in the midst of everything else we'll having to cope with... Such a simple pleasure and even that's potentially going to be interrupted and unavailable... Is it the end of the world? No, of course it isn't. It's just one more irritation to add to what seems like the ever-growing list, at this point... 


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,105
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I have a friend who's son owns a small restaurant in a very trendy area of NYC, it has been in business a little over a year, they are trying their best but I am afraid they might not survive

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,832
Registered: ‎06-10-2015

WOW @Mindy D  posted interesting information about what's going on in her area, never said a word about being at Wendy's to eat hamburgers. 

 

"Some Wendy's are low on, or out of beef. In some locations there are no burgers on the menu right now. In other locations they are not serving burger items within contain multiple beef patties." 

 

I don't get why it deteriorated  to the point it has.  If I'm considered spoiled and entitled if I miss something that used to be the norm, so be it.  Most of us are making all sorts of adjustments, some major and some minor and some things effect people differently.  Respect others thoughts and feelings even if you disagree.