Honored Contributor
@Sea Maiden. My brain can worry about more than one thing st a time.
Honored Contributor

Re: Where’s the beef?

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Does not sound like something to worry about....

...I am more concerned with 200,000 deaths prediction. 

@SeaMaiden, I can multi-task and worry about more than one thing.  And this isn't just as simple as being about hamburger meat.  There are a lot of restaurants/eateries that serve burgers as their main food choice.  

@Lipstickdiva  So eat something else?

@SeaMaiden, that's not the point.  I personally don't really care about eating a hamburger.  Again, there are restaurants and eateries who's claim to fame is a burger.  They are famous for or known for burgers.  No beef means no burgers which means there goes their business.  

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I've often said that if I weren't so lazy, I could be a vegetarian. Now's my chance. I have plenty of meat in my freezer but if I have to do without, I'll be fine. Beans and rice, eggs, cheese, nuts, etc can sustain me. I am upset about the fact that people in these meat plants arè now required to come to work. You can be sure that many people at these plants will become sick and some will die. Are our cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets worth it?

@Vivian 

Sounds good until you realize that rice, beans, nuts, pasta, and other alternatives are also in short supply....and some vegetarians dont eat eggs (ovo-vegetarians) or cheese...same thing with that, some vegetarians dont include cheese in their diet..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

When you want a burger, you want one!!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

So order a chicken sandwich or salad.

@Kachina624 

Why so nasty?

@itsmetoo    Get real.  We have  SERIOUS issues in this country.  Why so petty?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Wholesale beef prices have skyrocketed.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Kachina624. The OP wasn't asking for alternative suggestions. 👎

@Pearlee    Isn't it convenient and kind when someone offers them anyway?

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Does not sound like something to worry about....

...I am more concerned with 200,000 deaths prediction. 

@SeaMaiden    Exactly!  We are over-priviledged and spoiled as is evidenced by the behavior of the general public.  Imagine being upset because a hamburger could be immediately delivered on demand.  That's childish.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where’s the beef?

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

So order a chicken sandwich or salad.

@Kachina624 

Why so nasty?

@itsmetoo    Get real.  We have  SERIOUS issues in this country.  Why so petty?

I don't think there's anyone here who isn't aware of the serious issues in this country... Among them are businesses being able to sustain themselves, people getting enough to eat and people seeing a little bit of joy amongst all the manure we're having to endure... For some, that translates into eating the occaisonal fast food hamburger... People also want to see light at the end of the tunnel and so far, all we're seeing is a freaking endless tunnel... So yes, the availability (or lack thereof) of a hamburger at a hamburger joint means so much more than just a hamburger... And that isn't being petty... Now, can I get you fries with that...?

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:
I have been thinking about how a meat shortage will seriously hamper the already suffering restaurant industry. It will be tough enough for them to make a comeback after being closed for so long. Not being able to offer meat dishes or very few meat choices won't do any good for their business.

I've read that four out of five small restaurants will go under.  It's a tough business in the best of times.

Ugh, I hate to hear that. I had wondered how the small restuarants would be affected, knew it couldn't be good.