Re: Where's Shawn?

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@corita wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

She let people know she had a medical procedure.  She doesn't owe anyone details.  None of the hosts owe the viewers any personal info.   It's no different than the rest of us. 

She wouldn't have owed anyone a thing if she had said "I will be taking a few days off."  SHE made it intriguing.  

are you kidding? when she says that then people say "she is taking too much time off" or "she must be having issues again" or "she is sick or pregnant".......it never ends. other hosts have told us, in depth, about medical issues, deaths in their family, vacation time, family issues, their childhoods.......the list goes on and on. why cant everyone just wish her well and leave it at that? we all know they are required to use their facebook pages regularly.

----------------

Frankly,  I find it so unprofessional for hosts to share personal info!!  Specifically, I don't think ANY host should share ANY personal info while he/she is presenting Q products.  I really do not want to know any of their personal life issues - kids, vacations, medical concerns, religious thoughts etc. Would you want to know personal info from your Wal Mart checker or your Albertsons bag carrier????  These people are sales persons, not viewers'  best friends!!!

If they feel like they have to share....their blogs and Facebook pages are there for their use and for viewers reading pleasure!!

@corita

you may want to take that up with QVC then......not necessarily with the hosts, who are probably encouraged to "personalize" the products and their experiences.

Some hosts do it very little, MaryBeth, Leah and others for example. And some hosts like Shawn, revel in every detail.

---------------------

There are many hosts, who spend a good portion of their "selling" presentation, sharing info about their personal life. Mostly, their talk has nothing to do with the item being sold! That bla-bla-bla time does not help sell the product!  It is a huge channel changer for me.  

I can't really imagine "why" viewers are so attached and invested in hosts' lives!!  I just do not feel the need to build a relationship with any host. As I stated, they are just sales people on TV!!   I do appreciate those hosts that keep their lives private and yes, there are some....

Esteemed Contributor

Shawn will tell us all about her "medical thingy" when she comes back and sells her next religious item. She loves to tell about her thingys while selling especially crosses. You don't have to read blogs or facebook....

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@tropics21 wrote:

and here were go again, deja vu, keep the QVC customer's guessing.  I could care less, and believe adults should act like adults.  Don't say anything at all until you come back, people can respect that more than hinting one is having a "medical thingy?  My opinion/

Obviously saying nothing wouldn't work because this is the second or third thread started asking where Shawn is.

There is no need for her to release her personal medical information.  She said she was out for a medical issue.  Don't know why it needs to go beyond that.

Hopefully she is okay.  

@Lipstickdiva

This is what bothers me about Shawn....why didnt she just say I'm taking a few days off....why did she even say a "medical thingy" which just creates gossip and speculation.....then she turns around and gets upset because people are talking about her on social media..................GIVE ME A BREAK!Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@tropics21 wrote:

and here were go again, deja vu, keep the QVC customer's guessing.  I could care less, and believe adults should act like adults.  Don't say anything at all until you come back, people can respect that more than hinting one is having a "medical thingy?  My opinion/

Obviously saying nothing wouldn't work because this is the second or third thread started asking where Shawn is.

There is no need for her to release her personal medical information.  She said she was out for a medical issue.  Don't know why it needs to go beyond that.

Hopefully she is okay.  

@Lipstickdiva

This is what bothers me about Shawn....why didnt she just say I'm taking a few days off....why did she even say a "medical thingy" which just creates gossip and speculation.....then she turns around and gets upset because people are talking about her on social media..................GIVE ME A BREAK!Woman Frustrated

I could not AGREE more with what you posted.  WHY would she put anything on FB about that???? It is just ridiculous.  That's one thing about FB I can't stand.  We don't need to know about your medical "issues" or what you ate for dinner.  PUHHHHLEEZE

Shawn shares too much and then tries to act evasive and elusive.  over it..

I do not go to her FB page.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Shawn will tell us all about her "medical thingy" when she comes back and sells her next religious item. She loves to tell about her thingys while selling especially crosses. You don't have to read blogs or facebook....

sooo true

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@corita wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

She let people know she had a medical procedure.  She doesn't owe anyone details.  None of the hosts owe the viewers any personal info.   It's no different than the rest of us. 

She wouldn't have owed anyone a thing if she had said "I will be taking a few days off."  SHE made it intriguing.  

are you kidding? when she says that then people say "she is taking too much time off" or "she must be having issues again" or "she is sick or pregnant".......it never ends. other hosts have told us, in depth, about medical issues, deaths in their family, vacation time, family issues, their childhoods.......the list goes on and on. why cant everyone just wish her well and leave it at that? we all know they are required to use their facebook pages regularly.

----------------

Frankly,  I find it so unprofessional for hosts to share personal info!!  Specifically, I don't think ANY host should share ANY personal info while he/she is presenting Q products.  I really do not want to know any of their personal life issues - kids, vacations, medical concerns, religious thoughts etc. Would you want to know personal info from your Wal Mart checker or your Albertsons bag carrier????  These people are sales persons, not viewers'  best friends!!!

If they feel like they have to share....their blogs and Facebook pages are there for their use and for viewers reading pleasure!!

@corita

you may want to take that up with QVC then......not necessarily with the hosts, who are probably encouraged to "personalize" the products and their experiences.

@sunshine45

Thats true QVC created this whole "the hosts are your friends" and the customer is part of the QVC "family"  ....... thinkin it will result in more sales, which for me it definitely does NOT!!!  (just like when I was in Dillards the other day and the Sales Associate was asking me all kinds of personal questions, do you have any special plans for the rest of the day? Have you seen this movie? Did you watch the Spurs game?.....I wasnt looking for a new friend I just wanted her to ring up my purchase....I want Sales Associates to be pleasant and efficient no more than that!) .....  And some QVC hosts carry it too far too....then they talk all about their family, their vacations and very little about the product they are selling.... And all this TMI may create an unsafe environment for the hosts too...in the form of stalkers!!!   

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@KKlim wrote:
@febe1.. strange that it literally happens every time.

Were I her boss I would begin to wonder if she needed a rest after her vacation.

@febe1

Or it shows how enthusiastic she is about coming back to work.....Smiley Wink 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains unkind speculation about a host

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate