Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Regardless of how Shawn handled this, it wouldn't be good enough for some. 

And that's ok. Shawn most of all hosts, IMO, tells way too much about every detail of her life. TMI - way too much. So as a result, customers want to know.

Esteemed Contributor

Watched Jennifer with Dennis Basso. Wow - she was actually giddy with excitement and acted like a prom queen. Dennis was just enchanted with her....

Respected Contributor
@febe1.. strange that it literally happens every time.
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

She let people know she had a medical procedure.  She doesn't owe anyone details.  None of the hosts owe the viewers any personal info.   It's no different than the rest of us. 

She wouldn't have owed anyone a thing if she had said "I will be taking a few days off."  SHE made it intriguing.  

are you kidding? when she says that then people say "she is taking too much time off" or "she must be having issues again" or "she is sick or pregnant".......it never ends. other hosts have told us, in depth, about medical issues, deaths in their family, vacation time, family issues, their childhoods.......the list goes on and on. why cant everyone just wish her well and leave it at that? we all know they are required to use their facebook pages regularly.

----------------

Frankly,  I find it so unprofessional for hosts to share personal info!!  Specifically, I don't think ANY host should share ANY personal info while he/she is presenting Q products.  I really do not want to know any of their personal life issues - kids, vacations, medical concerns, religious thoughts etc. Would you want to know personal info from your Wal Mart checker or your Albertsons bag carrier????  These people are sales persons, not viewers'  best friends!!!

If they feel like they have to share....their blogs and Facebook pages are there for their use and for viewers reading pleasure!!

Honored Contributor

She probably should have just said I am off on a short Medical Leave. And leave it at that. They do not owe us any explanantions. I found that when I returned from a 5 month Medical Leave last year, only a handful of people knew exactly why i was out, and they were the ones that I specifically told, everyone else knew I was out, but didn't know why, or what had happened. That is the way it should be....It is ok to be curious and hope that nothing serious is wrong though!

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

She let people know she had a medical procedure.  She doesn't owe anyone details.  None of the hosts owe the viewers any personal info.   It's no different than the rest of us. 

She wouldn't have owed anyone a thing if she had said "I will be taking a few days off."  SHE made it intriguing.  

are you kidding? when she says that then people say "she is taking too much time off" or "she must be having issues again" or "she is sick or pregnant".......it never ends. other hosts have told us, in depth, about medical issues, deaths in their family, vacation time, family issues, their childhoods.......the list goes on and on. why cant everyone just wish her well and leave it at that? we all know they are required to use their facebook pages regularly.

----------------

Frankly,  I find it so unprofessional for hosts to share personal info!!  Specifically, I don't think ANY host should share ANY personal info while he/she is presenting Q products.  I really do not want to know any of their personal life issues - kids, vacations, medical concerns, religious thoughts etc. Would you want to know personal info from your Wal Mart checker or your Albertsons bag carrier????  These people are sales persons, not viewers'  best friends!!!

If they feel like they have to share....their blogs and Facebook pages are there for their use and for viewers reading pleasure!!

@corita

you may want to take that up with QVC then......not necessarily with the hosts, who are probably encouraged to "personalize" the products and their experiences.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

She probably should have just said I am off on a short Medical Leave. And leave it at that. They do not owe us any explanantions. I found that when I returned from a 5 month Medical Leave last year, only a handful of people knew exactly why i was out, and they were the ones that I specifically told, everyone else knew I was out, but didn't know why, or what had happened. That is the way it should be....It is ok to be curious and hope that nothing serious is wrong though!

But that is pretty much what she did say.  I don't think Shawn is ill.  I think she needed to have something done based on what she posted on both Instagram and her FB page.   

Trusted Contributor

I certainly don't miss her, but I do hope she is doing well.  She's just another of the many hosts I don't enjoy watching.

Esteemed Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@febe1.. strange that it literally happens every time.

Were I her boss I would begin to wonder if she needed a rest after her vacation.

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

----------------

I never read their blogs or facebook and consider that a complete waste of my time. Actually, just all the information they give out when they're supposed to be telling us about a product, is way, way too much.