Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

She let people know she had a medical procedure.  She doesn't owe anyone details.  None of the hosts owe the viewers any personal info.   It's no different than the rest of us. 

She wouldn't have owed anyone a thing if she had said "I will be taking a few days off."  SHE made it intriguing.  

Respected Contributor

She can't win 

If she said nothing, people will speculate.   She gave a reason and it's not good enough.

Just let her be.   She travels and she's having a medical issue that she needs to take time off for.   Why would anyone have a problem with that?

Honored Contributor

I would not make a good celebrity or host because I wouldn't post photos of my home or family. Maybe I would post generic photos of flowers or food lol. I wouldn't want to open myself up to being stalked with giving out too much information.

Fans seem to live their lives through the famous and it's getting quite scary. (just look at some of the nasty posts here).

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

She let people know she had a medical procedure.  She doesn't owe anyone details.  None of the hosts owe the viewers any personal info.   It's no different than the rest of us. 

She wouldn't have owed anyone a thing if she had said "I will be taking a few days off."  SHE made it intriguing.  

are you kidding? when she says that then people say "she is taking too much time off" or "she must be having issues again" or "she is sick or pregnant".......it never ends. other hosts have told us, in depth, about medical issues, deaths in their family, vacation time, family issues, their childhoods.......the list goes on and on. why cant everyone just wish her well and leave it at that? we all know they are required to use their facebook pages regularly.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor
@debmmm...ITA ..too bad the PTB saw this also.. I feel for the hosts that have to juggle and fill in for her for 1 month. That seems to happen when she goes on vacation. Something arises after she comes back from the trip.
Honored Contributor

Regardless of how Shawn handled this, it wouldn't be good enough for some. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Super Contributor

I'm not a huge fan of Shawn, BUT I prefer her to Jennifer. I happened to stop by QVC last night and after watching Jennifer interrupt Isaac constantly, I turned the channel.  Poor Isaac couldn't get one sentence finished before she jumped in with some ridiculous statement that had nothing to do with the product on air. 

I want to hear Isaaac when I tune in his show.  Shawn sometimes gets off on a different topic, but she does let him speak about his products.

Esteemed Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@debmmm...ITA ..too bad the PTB saw this also.. I feel for the hosts that have to juggle and fill in for her for 1 month. That seems to happen when she goes on vacation. Something arises after she comes back from the trip.

I noticed this, too, @KKlim. Vacations don't seem to rest her for a good energetic return to her job.