Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I said I was sorry, it was a joke and not intended toward anyone imparticular.

People have said way worse things on here than that.   Lighten up.

@LindaSal  - Telling people to "lighten up" is rude and it invalidates their feelings.

I get really annoyed when I hear expressions like "lighten up" and  "calm down."

Just my opinion, of course.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor
@EatWell. I don't think they ban people here for one inappropriate post.
Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@EatWell. I don't think they ban people here for one inappropriate post.

@Pearlee 

OK.

Honored Contributor

If you want to see what Leah has been up to while on vacation, she just posted a video yesterday on her FB and Instagram pages.  Quite a surprise actually.  Leah did a kitchen/cooking  video, making a salad that she once had in Spain.  Interesting. 

Regular Contributor

@MandyG06 Thank you

Valued Contributor
Why all QVC hosts, present & former doing cooking videos?? Everyone thinking of a future if need be? Leah’s video making the salad is very professional compared to some others.
Respected Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:
Why all QVC hosts, present & former doing cooking videos?? Everyone thinking of a future if need be? Leah’s video making the salad is very professional compared to some others.

I'm not surprised Leah did a professional looking video.  Everything she has presented to the public is top-notch and professional.  Leah is my favorite host!

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

@LindaSal  - Telling people to "lighten up" is rude and it invalidates their feelings.

I get really annoyed when I hear expressions like "lighten up" and  "calm down."

I get your point of view, but I don't know, increasingly it seems that 'lighten up' is appropriate when reading some of these threads... It seemed apropos several times on this one alone...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

I get your point of view, but I don't know, increasingly it seems that 'lighten up' is appropriate when reading some of these threads... It seemed apropos several times on this one alone...

At least this thread did not morph to unkind comments or host bashing.

Valued Contributor

Re: Where's Leah?

[ Edited ]

"Lighten Up" has been used by more than 1 person who posts so I fail to see the value in going after that particular person when the wrist whacker didn't resurface for many others.  I guess it was okay when they used that phrase. 

Many other things that were much more offensive than "lighten up," around here yet that too was given the green light by the one who resurfaced.  Maybe she's having a bad day.