Honored Contributor

There wasn't really more variety - just seemed that way because internet shopping was not around or not as many options online when it first came to be.  Check online at the variety and options QVC and every shopping channel has.  It's massive!  You don't have to  watch anymore to purchase so that excitement is gone.  No need to watch so you can order things now.  Shopping channels seem to be playing to the channel serfers and I would think they get more sales that way now.      

Honored Contributor

I think that since the merger happened or was discussed programming has go more boring, as it relies on the successful stuff ( which does make sense)

but if the channel isn't fun the casual viewer like me doesn't put it on just to see what's on 

I have not been watching as much 

Honored Contributor

Where is the variety of these posts?  Its the same old, same old, whinning and complaining about QVC, hosts, products, programs.

My suggestion to to tune into other things.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

Re: Where is the variety?

[ Edited ]

@RoughDraft wrote:

I have to ask.  Are you in the market for something specific or are you there just to buy something...anything?  

If you are in the market for something specific that you need, all you have to do is type it in the search bar.  If you're looking for something to buy because you're bored, that's a dangerous passtime.

How about neither? How about just discussing a company that seems to not be able to figure out what to offer, or even what its identity is. Mature women, younger demographics, don't know, 

And I never shop as a pastime for boredom, 

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think that's downside of watching QVC or any shopping channel for entertainement.  They aren't to be "enjoyed" like sitcoms or movies, they are just for shopping so if a particular show doesn't interest you....why watch?

I don';t. and it doesn't. I'm merely commenting on what they might do to make someone like me want to watch again. 

Valued Contributor

@Pook wrote:

There wasn't really more variety - just seemed that way because internet shopping was not around or not as many options online when it first came to be.  Check online at the variety and options QVC and every shopping channel has.  It's massive!  You don't have to  watch anymore to purchase so that excitement is gone.  No need to watch so you can order things now.  Shopping channels seem to be playing to the channel serfers and I would think they get more sales that way now.      

All I know is that they were airing 24 hours a day when they started and still do. difference is back then they didn't air 3 hours of the same product, then air another show for 2 hours and then come back with another 3 hours of the same product. and I;m not talking about the TSVs only. When IT is on, or Josie, they are on 5-6 times in a 24 hour day, With that said, it would take more products to fill a 24 hour day when they are only aired once or twice, no? 

Valued Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Where is the variety of these posts?  Its the same old, same old, whinning and complaining about QVC, hosts, products, programs.

My suggestion to to tune into other things.

Oh, silly me. You mean these forums are not here to chat about things even if they've been discussed in the past? If that's true, then I guess they better shut them down, cause you can't talk about real-life current events as they would be taboo. 

How about you starting a brand new, fresh topic that no one ever heard about before. What would that be? Let me put my thinking cap on,

Hmmm, I went down 1 dress size in 5 weeks with a new exercise program. Want to discuss that? 

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

@Pook wrote:

All I know is that they were airing 24 hours a day when they started and still do. difference is back then they didn't air 3 hours of the same product, then air another show for 2 hours and then come back with another 3 hours of the same product. and I;m not talking about the TSVs only. When IT is on, or Josie, they are on 5-6 times in a 24 hour day, With that said, it would take more products to fill a 24 hour day when they are only aired once or twice, no? 

What I was stating was that in the past you had to watch to order and now you don't.  They probably get more sales from those who just are checking to see what's on (like I do) or those clicking past their channel who see something and may have never purchased here before and end up buying.  Times have changed.  What worked for them at the beginning is more than likely not working in today's world.  Gone are the days when that many really want to just sit and watch a shopping channel with Netflix and Amazon and so many more entertaining things to watch.  Plus nearly everyone has internet and when they started there was none.  The few that still do watch all day would not buy as much as the sales from showing the same few products all day.  Life changes.

Frequent Contributor

I'm not referring to QVC in the 20th century. How about from ~2008 til now, when I started watching QVC? Yes, Amazon & the internet were around. Yes, there was much more variety on QVC & no hours & hours of TSV's. 

Respected Contributor

I guess when nobody watches the Q anymore or shops there, they will shut down or get some NEW products!!!