Valued Contributor

I have to say that these home shopping channels seem to be going completely stale. QVC's webpage is just a mish-mosh of products, TSVs that seem to be on multiple days i.e. Slatkin candles? I guess if they don't sell enough they re-run them as TSV's again and again. I hate scrolling and scrolling down an endless page!

And just for the heck of it, I turned on QVC to see if there was anything interesting, and there was Jane with 3 hours of Shoe Shopping! Is that show on every, single day? Seriously, can't they find any new vendors or mix it up a bit?

No wonder I hardly ever watch and seldom buy anymore. There has got to be something out there that can be programmed at least for an hour here and there. I just went online and bought 6 bars of soap from GoatsMilkStuff (6.95 a bar thank you very much) and that was from an ad that I saw. 

Oh well, I'm done ranting, 

Frequent Contributor

ITA! ITKWD, Shoes, IT cosmetics, Philosophy, electronics. All the cosmetics that make you feel bad by showing every line, wrinkle on your face. No thanks QVC.

Respected Contributor

I have to ask.  Are you in the market for something specific or are you there just to buy something...anything?  

If you are in the market for something specific that you need, all you have to do is type it in the search bar.  If you're looking for something to buy because you're bored, that's a dangerous passtime.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I don't need variety.  As long as there are LOGO, Graver, Rinna, WWC/Attitudes and Bob Mackie shows ... I'm good.

Between those vendors and the Lunch Time and Prime Tme specials .. that's all I need.

QVC is for browsing to see what's new in "my" lines.  When I'm "shopping" I'm not here

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'd say meaningful variety, especially in the programming, left about ten years ago...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Not too long ago, somehow, the hosts made selling Q products interesting and it was fun to watch.  Maybe it was because the stuff was hard to find elsewhere.  Whatever...From what little bit I have seen lately, all hosts and hostesses use the same "canned" phrases over and over.  They try to be cute and clever.  And they ARE NOT fun to watch.  HSN is not the same as q (SO FAR).  And there is nothing on sale that I can't find in stores.  So why should I waste time watching Jane and those shoes?

Honored Contributor

I think that's downside of watching QVC or any shopping channel for entertainement.  They aren't to be "enjoyed" like sitcoms or movies, they are just for shopping so if a particular show doesn't interest you....why watch?

Frequent Contributor

Why watch? QVC used to be fun to watch, and I actually bought products. The hosts were better and there was much more variety. Why watch? Why watch? Entertainment, relaxation. If I am bored & if shopping fits the mood so be it.

This snooze fest with shoes, shoes, shoes, ITKWD, Philosophy, etc., etc. Sure change the channel I do. HSN is even worse than QVC. The hosts are horrible, the studio is not nice to look at. Why watch? I don't.

Honored Contributor
I just check online from time to time to see what has been on the air or what is new. I used to buy things on QVC that I didn’t see anywhere else. Now they are priced so high on things I can buy anywhere, I buy very few things.
Honored Contributor

This complaint has been around for awhile.  Posters have commented in the forums about how stale and tiresome the format has become.  I agree about seeing the usual items being sold , little variety and new in the product department.  Listening to the same old selling points doesn't help.  

I have stopped watching the Q and only shop on line where a video of the item is provided if interested.  If I miss anything It's fine.  I enjoy the forums and basically that is what I check out.  

The Q. needs a make over for sure.