Respected Contributor

Re: Where is everyone going?

To get oreos and coffee.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Spurt  Yes!  It was like he was taking his prey off to enjoy it.  The chunk of meat was pretty big too!

He keeps getting an inflamed pancreas.  So he has to eat prescription food and when it starts up I keep amoxicillan at home to give him.

His sister (Katie) eats Sheba the halfs.  The cat easts 1/2 of the 1/2 of Sheba.  Needless to say I'm feeding her 24/7.  I feel like, "Just shoot me now".  I'm constantly feeding her.  And I don't want Bill eating her left overs, so I stand there while she eats, then when she walks away, pick up the plate.  He loves her food....of course.

Do any of you moms of furbabies start something with them and wish you hadn't?  That would be me.  So one thing I started is when eating an ice cream sandwich I will put on a piece of paper at tiny drop of vanilla ice cream.  It's 1/2 of the size of a dime.

He'll lick it.  So funny if he gets the drop before it melts.  Ever see someone chew ice cream?  Funny so funny!

They are spoiled rotten, but I know all of you guys spoil your furbabies.

@Annabellethecat66 

Bill probably did view your hamburger as prey....LOL!!!  I can just picture him dragging that burger ......So sorry to hear about his medical condition......

My sister rescued a kitty and he has a health issue and also is reuired to eat prescription food too.....And one funny thing about starting something and wished you hadn't----instead of playing with her cat with cat toys or a laser toy....she taught him to play hide--n---seek, so now when she gets home from work....he wants to play the game!!!!  And she's so tired and just wants to relax.....but he cries until she gives in, so there she is running around her home playing hide--n---seek...LOL!!!!  He's a funny cat, he loves music and loves to watch cartoons...Cat LOL

That must be hard trying to handle two cats with different dietary needs and foods.  But they are worth it, aren't they! Cat Very Happy 

I'm lucky because my cats just eat the Purina Natural Cat brand food....but they must have their treats.....and some people here hoarded pet food and their favorite treats were hard to find....I told my InstaCart shopper just to grab any treats because they would be mad if they didnt get them....and he said...he had a cat so he knew how that went....Cat LOL 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

DH and I went for a drive today to visit my aunt. She lives alone independently about an hour from us.

Today was her 90th birthday!

I brought her bagels and made a coffee cake. We sat on her patio,many feet apart, with our masks on. I hung a Happy Birthday banner. Took a few pictures and a short video to send to her son  in Arizona and daughter in Pennsylvania.

Told her next year we can have a party and many hugs.

Bittersweet.

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

What? They're out doing what they need to do...just like you were. 

I don't consider going to Starbucks a need.

I would say those folks do not agree with your opinion....and it's good for that business and employees to stay open. 

I say visit the take out places and restaurants....gotta support them thur this shutdown.

Regular Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

I went out in my car today for the first time since April 1st.  I couldn't believe how many cars were on the road.  There was a line for Starbucks drive through that was serveral blocks long.  Where the heck are all these people going?! Stay home for goodness sake!

I'm not sure if they are still doing it, but Starbucks was giving free coffee to frontline workers. So, if it is near a hospital there may be a lot of medical workers getting coffee.