Respected Contributor

Re: Where is everyone going?

@ninjawife wrote:

I went out in my car today for the first time since April 1st.  I couldn't believe how many cars were on the road.  There was a line for Starbucks drive through that was serveral blocks long.  Where the heck are all these people going?! Stay home for goodness sake!

I think because here in America we are allowed to do so. Trying not to be rude, but we are not on lockdown AND the Bill of Rights says we can. 🤷🏼‍♀️  Taking money or a debit card at Starbucks is no more dangerous than doing it at the grocery or drugstore. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ninjawife wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

What? They're out doing what they need to do...just like you were. 

I don't consider going to Starbucks a need.

In case you don't know @ninjawife...Starbucks has sandwiches & baked goods so it's no different than a fast food drive thru & getting a carryout from a restaurant. People need to go out for various reasons...what they don't need is to be scolded by nannygoats

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

What? They're out doing what they need to do...just like you were. 

I don't consider going to Starbucks a need.

Starbucks is a need. It's what fuels my life.

I wish people would stop elevating their prejudices into rules for the rest of the world to follow. We need to stay sane. Going to Starbucks for a drive-thru Americano doesnt compare to going for a tongue piercing, for example, which is reportedly happening in GA. But even there, someone might say he or she really needed to get skewered, and who am I to argue? If this experience has made anything clear to me, it's that there are some things I will never understand, and I accept that. In fact, I'd really rather not wrap my mind around why someone would pay to be impaled.

But don't question coffee people getting their needs met. French Roast or die.

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@ninjawife ........It could be essential to our mental health.  Just something to do besides look at the same 4 walls.

I guess because I am working from home full time I am not as bored as some people. Also both of my children are home so we have been doing things as a family- cooking, baking, playing games.  I have a pre-exisiting condition so I am not going to risk my health just to get out of the house.

Regular Contributor

I always wonder the same thing when I am out going for my walk.  There is nothing open and there are a lot of cars out, I don't see how they are all out going to the grocery store. I just wonder where it is that they found to go to.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ninjawife Goodness, when did YOU become the boss of the rest of the world?

People need to get food, meds, med appointments, etc.

NOTHING wrong with going to a drive thru! I do it. My family does it.

Sometimes I just get in my car and go for a little ride! Many businesses are open. I go to Costco when needed and wear my mask.

Lighten up for pete's sake and DON'T JUDGE OTHERS who are in their cars!

And WHY do you care???? They aren't bothering you.

Honored Contributor

@spursfan2  I feel your pain.  Any problems involving water drives me crazy.

Probably 2 years ago my guy friend and I took my powder room toilet apart (I believe it was 3 times) to try to fix it.

First you have to drain the tank over and over.

If that stopper thingy doesn't fit exactly right, well.......

So finally he called his cousin who's a plumber.  The guy comes in with just the red stopper thingy.  He puts it on the thing and poof, it stops acting up.

I remember when my late husband was putting on a new shut off valve in our laundry room.

Neither of us is known for our patience but he finished it and of cours it was perfect.  But again.....it involved water.

Not long ago my kitchen sink hose was leaking.  These days (due to my 2 knee replacements and his fat belly) we can't get down and under like we used to.

Hence, he brought his skinnier and younger wife to help get under the sink.

He told her what to do (replace the entire thing) and zap it was done.

Good luck.  I'll be thinking of you.  That same toilet is again acting a little screwy.

I have 4 toilets so it seems like roulette which is acting up.  However, I usually only use the hall bathroom and it's only me and the 2 cats.

Last check they were still using the litter boxes.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife ..........My post was not meant to bash you, just some information.  Sorry your getting some unpleasant replies.  Everyone has cabin fever.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ninjawife wrote:

I went out in my car today for the first time since April 1st.  I couldn't believe how many cars were on the road.  There was a line for Starbucks drive through that was serveral blocks long.  Where the heck are all these people going?! Stay home for goodness sake!

@ninjawife 

I suspect that most of the people in line at SB are where they are going - Starbucks! It is a destination for many and a take home treat! I don’t go out unless I have a pickup order to get but, every time I go by SB, there is a line.  Quite often, the line is all the way around the building and then some!

I have never seen the streets deserted here. Traffic varies from a bit heavy to light in places, depending on time of day. I have no idea why so many people are out. Every single time I have gone by the grocery store and WalMart, they are packed. You couldn’t pay me to go in one. There simply can’t be social distancing with that many people in the stores.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@giova wrote:

I always wonder the same thing when I am out going for my walk.  There is nothing open and there are a lot of cars out, I don't see how they are all out going to the grocery store. I just wonder where it is that they found to go to.

@giova  I saw places open today on the towns main street. It's the weekend so the restaurants and bars that serve food were open for take out. We have other stores that are considered essential that were open. Hardware store,paint store and others. If people go in they have to have a mask and social distance.    Oh and all the delis in town are open. Very popular.