Honored Contributor

Re: Where is everyone going?

[ Edited ]

We are encouraged to go out. Walk, bikes, car. We try and go for a car ride every day. We drive around town, down the main street where there were plenty of cars and people out and about. The restaurants and bars in town are open for take out and all the lawn services are mowing. I haven't seen any groups congregating. Beautiful Saturday here. This is in NY.

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

What? They're out doing what they need to do...just like you were. 

I don't consider going to Starbucks a need.

@ninjawife...I am sure you mean well, but we have to all do what we think is best for us as well as take safety precauions.  I go to the grocery store about every 2 weeks and also go and visit my family.  I choose to be careful and wear a mask and stay 6 feet away and do the best I can as well as my family are doing.  I choose not to hide, I choose to be sensible and live life.  

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Why were you out.....

To pick up a RX.  My point was that so many people were out and about that they can't all be going somewhere essential.  Like I said Starbucks line was blocks long, that isn't esstential.

If a business is open, people are allowed to be there.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I had a big morning, LOL. 

I mailed a bill at the post office one mile from our house.  Then I stopped at the grocery store. I didn't go in, but put our plastic bags in the bin they have out front for recycling bags.  The parking lot was packed. Then, if all that weren't excitement enough, I stopped at the gas station at the top of our street and bought the Mega Millions and Powerball tickets for a lottery pool I've been in for years.   We buy them for the maximum amount of time. These will take us till the end of July.  

And then home. Whew.  I'm exhausted. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@ninjawife ........It could be essential to our mental health.  Just something to do besides look at the same 4 walls.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@SharkE ......we are speaking of the covid19 stay at home, not alcohol, thats different all together.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ninjawife wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

What? They're out doing what they need to do...just like you were. 

I don't consider going to Starbucks a need.

It's drive thru so people are in their car.  They probably just went out for a treat.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see the problem. People were in their cars, so  there is no need to be judgmental. Sometimes people need to get out, and it's encouraged. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I had a big morning, LOL. 

I mailed a bill at the post office one mile from our house.  Then I stopped at the grocery store. I didn't go in, but put our plastic bags in the bin they have out front for recycling bags.  The parking lot was packed. Then, if all that weren't excitement enough, I stopped at the gas station at the top of our street and bought the Mega Millions and Powerball tickets for a lottery pool I've been in for years.   We buy them for the maximum amount of time. These will take us till the end of July.  

And then home. Whew.  I'm exhausted. 

Glad you had an exciting morning.  Lol  Have a great SaturdaySmiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I am going to Home Depot today. A massive leak, that apparently has been going on for a very long time, was found under my kitchen sink. I had no idea at all. My kitchen sink is set in an island and now the entire island and flooring underneath has to be replaced. So off to Home Depot I go to pick out islands and linoleum. Getting a new dishwasher while I'm at it. Not looking forward such a major remodel. Remodeling is so disruptive.